No announcement yet.

lets see your HOT ROD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iv'e been trying to figure out how to even the match between the JD and a cat 955.... your blade down 4 in vs my bucket full and digging 4 in? I guarantee we would have more fun than any street race! JEFF
    200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Thought I better add to this thread. 67 Rambler with 355" chevy (10.66 & 125MPH) in second gear!!
      Attached Files
      Kid

Comment

you shoudve photo shoped that lincoln banner ou before you posted. Just kidding we dont discriminate here. nice ride!
        Trailblazer 302g
        coolmate4
        hf-251d-1
        super s-32p
        you can never know enough

Comment

Its not hot yet but someday my '64 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt clone will ride again...Bob
          Attached Files
          Bob Wright

Comment

Since S10 started this and he has a vortech, I figure I should add my vortech car also. the under hood is all cluttered with wires and all kindsa crap from basically turning it from a street car to a race car without tearing the car apart between seasons, We made a mad rush and stripped,painted and flamed, and sanded and buffed the car in 2 weeks to make a race, under the hood did not get done, now the engine is out and because of the new SFI specs I am upgrading the cage to 25.5 and slicking off the engine compartment and painting to match the custom red exterior. It has been a best of 8.96/160 on drag radials. hopefully alot faster next time out. 306ci with a vortech X trim and in car intercooler hidden in the dash, throttle body is in the firewall cowl area rear entry into the custom billet intake. Cool post thanks for starting it S10.
            Attached Files
            Spence

Comment

You get past tech with that battery tray?????

I thought it had to be inside an enclosed, and sealed box?!
              Metal, or approved ABS plastic design.

Just curious.

Comment

Nice car Radial X, drag radial is my favorite class at the Ford race here at Gateway every year. By far the most entertaining in terms of numbers and wild runs!
                The battery rule is two bolts with a hold down strap to the chassis.
                Good Luck, JEFF
                200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Here's my radial ride. It's been a best of 9.12, but we're looking for bottom 8s in '05. Just got finished with new paint, mini tubs/coil overs/narrowed rear, and currently under the knife getting an SFI 25.5 cage upgrade.

What's happening, Spence? You gonna make it out any next season?
                  Attached Files
                  Shane Hill

Comment

Jeff,, I think the Cat would eat that little thing for a snack but mine is getting an Imron paint job shortly, should help with wind resistance, make for a bit smoother air flow over it.

Comment

Originally posted by kid
                      Thought I better add to this thread. 67 Rambler with 355" chevy (10.66 & 125MPH) in second gear!!
                      You most have a powerglide?

Comment

Your right Scott V, that was a hint at an old song about a rambler. Don't remember the name of it but some of the words were "Hey buddy, how do you get this thing out of second gear!".
                        Kid

Comment

My theme song goes more like this:

"Son your gona drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod Lincoln" Thank you Comander Cody.

The old lincoln will do atleast 140 {that's where the speedo quits}

Comment

Originally posted by Teeps
                            You get past tech with that battery tray?????

I thought it had to be inside an enclosed, and sealed box?!
                            Metal, or approved ABS plastic design.

Just curious.
                            With a rear firewall/bulkhead you do not need the battery inside a box, just needs to be secured to the frame.

Hey Shane, not really shooting for this year, we just finished up the whole exterior of the house, now its back to the car, its on stands and leveled......let the cuttin begin......hehe. As with you, I plan on deep 8s for sure, just gonna take my time and make sure its all done right, as to where we race, well I do not know as of yet.
                            Spence

Comment

Originally posted by RadialX
                              With a rear firewall/bulkhead you do not need the battery inside a box, just needs to be secured to the frame.
                              Duh, didn't even look for a rear firewall, yeah I saw that exclusion as well. BTW nice machine!

Comment

little vw

Up here in Canada, we race on ice. attached pics of the car that we race in the ice racing series on lake superior.
                                (the speed pic was taken at 159 kph. coming up to a hard left. p.s. we made the corner.)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X