X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    aphexafx

yep it shoure is and i had a tung. in it 4 miniuts out of the box was haveing fun playing with the flex-head on it looks like it could come in real handy
    got my first 25 tung. on order from dimond ground
    getting down to the wire now all i need is a work lead and clamp,gas hose and botle,a few plugs and a dynasty shure seems like a lot more when ya list it out

Leave a comment:

• aphexafx
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now
    i got my torch today yaaaaaaaaa!!!

hummm well still no dynasty but i'm getting closer
    fun4now, is that your first TIG torch? I remember when I got mine, it was very exciting. I put a tungsten in it and sat down to practice the movements.

That Dynasty will come soon and when you connect the torch to the machine, you'll be like, "ohhhh yeah..." 200Dx's are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    i don't know what i'm going to make. but it will be nothing fancy. 3 phase in NOT going to happen my machine, no application for it. 120 & 240 is it, "maybe" 208 at work. but i doubt that, thats where the 250 ideal-arc is. i have $12 invested in my 240v plugs now(male & female), got the 120v plug for free.

Leave a comment:

• aphexafx
    replied
    Blown S-10: Plus if you make your own you can interface with both single and three phase power sources using one interface (plug) on the machine itself. Just use a four wire twist lock, and then you can make pigtails with anything from a standard grounded 120v type plug to a 6-50P to one of the three phase plugs shown below.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    i saw that machine & plug setup at a local supply. thought it was pretty nice. but i figured they would want much more than if i just made my own.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    ow oww oww

i got my torch today yaaaaaaaaa!!!

hummm well still no dynasty but i'm getting closer

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Askandy

that's why i said it would work for most of us that dont use 3phase power that will be using 110/220V i will never use 3phase power my shop has 220 and if i go mobile (like that will happen LOL) i woud use the 110 option. so it in fact will work great for me as well as most hobbie or home users and maybe some others.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    The reality of it is that the Dynasty is also a 3 phase unit and a universal cord would be out of the question. If it were only a single phase unit, it could work.
    Good thinking though.

a-

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    I thought of that but figured it would be prohibitive, cost wise as a retrofit.

Leave a comment:

• aphexafx
    replied
    Here's a link to an MVP animation by Miller for anyone who's interested:

DVI PLUG

Leave a comment:

• arcdawg
    replied
    **** it james your not suposed to give them ideas for FREE !

DAWG

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    started a topic DVI cord on a dynasty?

DVI cord on a dynasty?

i just got the Miller 2005 catalog and was looking at the cord setup on the DVI and think for most of us it would work great for the dynasty. the catalog didnt give me any order #'s just said available at the dealer. it looks like a great setup for 110/220V options scence ill never use anything els it looks like a beter option then trying to pice stuff and pig tail's together.
    i gota call to see what it cost it might even be cheeper than all the plugs we would need to make the pigtails work.
Working...
X