Critique these please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique these please

HAWK, I am going to try to post some pic of my recent welds for you pros to critique and offer suggestion on. As you know I have been practicing tigging aluminum for about 3 months now. I try to put in a little time each day as I have not had any formal training. My machine shop guys say they look great and he is giving me the 1/2" stuff you guys have helped me out with. I would appreciate any and all input, good or bad. I am charging the digital camera batteries and then I will try to put some pics on. Do you go to the bottom of screen and click on manage attachments?

I can host them for you if you want to email them to [email protected]

I would basically email you back the links to post, or I can post them right on this thread.

Or you could edit the pictures yourself, and resize them, and save them somewhere easy for you to find, then use the manage attachments button, and browse to add your picture(s).

Comment

Thanks TEEPS let me find mu USB cable and upload them to my hard drive so I can access them.

Comment

Just hitting the field to get auto reply.

Comment

Just curious, are you left handed?

Comment

I am right handed. I do hold the torch in my right hand and filler in left.

Comment

is that 1/2" ? what amps is that ?

Comment

Blown S-10, yes that is some 1/2" and some 3/8. I do not have a dyn I have a syn 350 so the amperage max is set on the panel and the foot pedal determines the actual amperage. I usually set the panel to 350 so variable from 0-350 via foot pedal.

Comment

rb455ho, nice! Have you cross cut any of those to see how things are going internally?

Comment

you should do some sestructive testing. also remember as a general rule each weld leg length should be close to the material thickness(or so Ive been taught)
                    Trailblazer 302g
                    coolmate4
                    hf-251d-1
                    super s-32p
                    you can never know enough

Comment

Rob,

Great! I noticed a rather large cleaning area in the last couple of images. I wonder what would happen if you increased you EN balance a little bit? Good job.

Comment

The reason I asked about the handedness thing is that the images show up rather large for me. It is like looking at one of those optical illutions, where it you look at it long enough I can't tell if it is concave or convex, or if the weld bead goes from left to right or right to left. You must have the same computer I have at work, as it does the same thing when I try to send images home.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. HAWK, I am experimenting with balance between 5-8. 7 is where you suggested so I will practice some more. Another reason might be is that some are done with 3/32 and others with 1/8 tungsten. I am right handed and I try to set the part on a diagonal and bring the cup towards me, it makes the puddle more visible. I am also extending the electrode more for the T joints and using a smaller cup to get into the joint. This seems like common sense to me but let me know if I am making any errors.

Comment

now try doing it on 20 gauge

dawg

Comment

Working...
                            X