See my post on this board:

Utility Trailer Build Post

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...4280#post14280

Questions: email me at [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• BradJacob
    replied
    Originally posted by jerryd
    I am going to weld up a single axle utility trailer to safely haul about 1 yard of topsoil, etc. per trip.
    Anybody got some good advice on where to purchase/acquire very good plans for this project?
    I would rather go to a place for the plans that has "happy customers".

Take care!

Jerry
    Jerry,

Contact me - I just got done building mine. Welded it up, got the parts, etc... I can write up a DETAILED plan and materials list for you.

[email protected]

Put the words "Utility Trailer" in the subject...

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Heres a trailer design you can copy for free. Just adjust your sizes for width and length. The sides are 3x5 angle and the cross members are 3" channel. I built 500 trailers and have pics up to 40 foot...Bob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Go to the local junk yard.I find trailers out there all thie time that just need some minor repairs to make them funtional again.I pay 50.00$ for the trailers spend less then 50.00 for repairs and sell it for 400.00. (converted boat trailers into single axel utility trailors)any materials i do need i have good luck finding at the steel scrap yard.and they usually give it to me.

Leave a comment:

• jerryd
    replied
    Thanks for the replies

Thanks to everyone for the advice/url's...
    Have a happy new year.

Leave a comment:

• Terence638
    replied
    also you should try
    www.utilitytrailer.com
    they carry plans and kits
    terence

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    replied
    I would go to my local Home Depot and look at their trailers. They have pretty beffy models in my local stores, and yet they don't weigh anything like 1000 pounds.

Leave a comment:

• pedro
    replied
    Hi all.

I was also going to make my own car carrier in 2003, buying all the metal, the axels, wheels, etc was a total of 1500.00 plus work, then I made some used research and I found in march of 2003 a used 2003 car trailer for 900.00, (original price 1500+tax) manufactures pay cheaper price for steel

Leave a comment:

• Teeps
    replied
    makes me sick to think about how much it would cost to buy the steel to build the frame and sides for one of those.

Makes me wonder if it would actually be cheaper to buy one!!!!

I was planning to build two of them, both for my Dad, one for minor utility stuff, and another for his Farmall an Ford tractors, and lawn equipment.

After my last trip to the steel supply place, ($1.50 / lbs) It seems like the steel alone might cost in the $1500-3000 neighborhood!!!!!!

YIKES!!!!

I can buy a loaded 18foot dual axle 7klbs steel floor car hauler for around $2500!!!!
    http://www.bigtextrailers.com/spec/70dm.html

I'm sure they sell utility trailers just as cheap, for a dual purpose, Seems like it would be cheapest to just add some side panels and a back gate to that trailer, and customize it a little bit for both purposes.

of course these guys are 1200 miles away though...

For your needs, a dump trailer is another good option, those guys make them as well.
    http://www.bigtextrailers.com/pdf/50ds.pdf

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    www.championtrailers.com

Look around alittle they have some free ones on there.

Leave a comment:

• balerjoe
    replied
    I think Northern tool sells kits

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Look for Champion Trailer Supply on the net. I dion't have the link here at work. they have a free plan for both single and dual axle trailers as well as complete kits for both.

Leave a comment:

• jerryd
    started a topic Need utility trailer plans

Need utility trailer plans

I am going to weld up a single axle utility trailer to safely haul about 1 yard of topsoil, etc. per trip.
    Anybody got some good advice on where to purchase/acquire very good plans for this project?
    I would rather go to a place for the plans that has "happy customers".

Take care!

Jerry
Working...
X