Comment

arcdawg

ooohhhhhh yyyaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!
      you go dawg
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by arcdawg
        there is only one true DAWG !

**** KIDS !!!

D-
        LOL

Jared

Comment

I started welding when I was 10 I a curently 13 And I can garente thatifI had the money my parents would let ma buy any tool I want.
          This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Comment

I started welding when I was 10 I a curently 13 And I can garente that if I had the money my parents would let me buy any tool I want.
            This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Comment

Just another example of what the world is coming to

I started welding with my dad at a fairly young age after I showed an interest in the hobby. I think it just depends on how mature a kid is as to whether or not he should be messing around with a welding machine. Welding is a dangerous line of work if you don't know what you're doing and aren't careful. At the very least, you could start a fire and cause damage to property, or even worse, you could get yourself seriously injured because you don't know the proper safe welding procedures. And with your attitude, I can say right now that I don't think you're mature enough to have your own welding machine. I mean at 14 and already bragging about your Canadian beer...that really says something for you. And then to get on here and have an attitude with all these guys who were just trying to help you, that really says something about your maturity level. I'm only 18 but I know not to bite the hand that is trying to help me. I can guarantee that if I had kids and they acted like you have been, not only would I say **** no to the idea of a welding machine, but they would probably also be picking their *** up off the floor if they ever said WTF to me or any other elder. All you are doing here is just pissing people off so why don't you do everyone a favor and take your bull**** elsewhere cause no one here wants to listen to it.

Just my .02

Bryce
              Triple B Services
              Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
              Lincoln AC-225S
              Craftsman Hand Tools
              DeWalt Angle Grinder
              Performance Tools Bench Grinder
              1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
              1980 Ford F150 Custom
              1983 Ford F250 4x4

Comment

Smart *** on the interweb, 14 years old, knows all about beer (there are people on this site who drink more beer in a month than you've seen in your lifetime), parents who see you up close and personal and know you have a major lack of maturity, people on the interweb who don't know you but still see your large lack of maturity.....equals no welder for you big boy until you become, guess what, a big boy.
                I'm guessing they won't let you get a chainsaw either, or a firearm, sword, mace....anything that requires a level of maturity.

Good luck because you're going to need it more than most people.

JTMcC.
                Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

I started with MIG when I was 14 on a little Hobart Handler (yes I know, it's not a Miller, but it still works great almost 13 years later). I don't think age is as much of a factor for learning to weld. It's more of having a motivation and interest in learning to correct welding techniques from someone experienced.

just my 2 cents...

Comment

I first burned a welding rod at 14... 1/8" 6013.... OLD century (I think) AC stick welder... it was gathering dust in the back of my parent's garage, so I plugged it in and just gave it a go..... god those beads back then were just horrible!. I had no instructions, just trial and error... the first formal training I got was in shop class in HS as a senior. never set anything (or myself) on fire back then.

here I am 20 years later... still welding.

beads look a bit better now though
                    Bobcat 225NT
                    Cutmaster 52
                    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
                    Caterpillar TH63
                    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

I also started when I was very young.I was in middle school.15maybe.I was in a metal shop class.My dads buddy had a old lincoln stick welder and a set of torches that he let me borrow.I burned alot of rod with that welder and made lots of cool stuff with it.But I had alot of respect for those tools also.

Like many mention.Its all about if the kid is actually ready for it.
                      George
                      If I could only remeber everything that I have already forgotton.

Comment

lolol... never to old either... i just got my first welder this summer @55 after i retired...

Comment

Working...
                        X