Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d-dawgg
    • Dec 2004

You must do the work and not ask for them to sponsor the entire bill, or you are probably barking up the wrong tree.
    I've got all the money i just need permission. they couldn't afford it anyway
    D-dawgg
    Canadian eh!
    Canadian beer too strong for ya? Go to the USA! (no offence but american beer tastes like water compared to canadian)

Comment

• Paul Seaman
      • Sep 2005

What is your goal with the welding venture. This may be the lead in your folks disapproval. I believe most parents are really trying to look out for the best interest of family and household.

If you get a book of welding projects that you want to try to build and show the materials you want to work with and the products to accomplish it with all the prices and lay out the How,What,Why,How much, you must put it on paper as Skills required, cost of startup, cost of materials, up keep, consumables then boil it down to what you hope to gain from doing this.

Don't be too upset if they just want you to take time being a kid and keeping you close to them, kids grow up sooooo fast and its possible for the parents to sorta miss some of that. Don't grow up to fast.

Peace,

ps-AT 37 I am old enough to be your dad and I have no children, so this is a nonbiased opinion!

Comment

D-Dawgg

I think you should keep the money you saved up for the welder and start saving money towards other tools that you will need like:Files, Hacksaw,Sockets and wrenches drill and a grinder. I was in a similar situation as you when i was 14, my mom said the same thing, i started buying other tools then a a few months ago(when i turned 15) my uncle gave me his old stick welder. Now i am very glad that i bought those other tools because i use them as much if not more than my welder.

Comment

• d-dawgg
          • Dec 2004

im a bit ahead of you, i had $2000 and the plan was for $1000 for tools and the other $1000 for a welder. I didn't want to go less than $1000 for a welder because then i wouldn't be able to get one, I think i went to low anyways. but with the other $1000 i bout a chop saw, a band saw, drill press (with hole saw bits for notching tubing), grinder (both angle, and mounted) and i already had sockets and wrenches and all that other stuff.
          D-dawgg
          Canadian eh!
          Canadian beer too strong for ya? Go to the USA! (no offence but american beer tastes like water compared to canadian)

Comment

• arcdawg
            • Sep 2005

then just do it !

dawg

Comment

• d-dawgg
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by arcdawg
              then just do it !

dawg
              WTF??? i can't, i have to wait till im 16!!!
              D-dawgg
              Canadian eh!

Comment

• arcdawg
                • Sep 2005

between your additude/ sig line (14 and you know about beer).....just tells us all that you are not ready to weld !

grow up a little and then come back and talk

BRIAN -

Comment

Originally posted by arcdawg
                  between your additude/ sig line (14 and you know about beer).....just tells us all that you are not ready to weld !

grow up a little and then come back and talk

BRIAN -

I am starting to think like arcdawg about this now!

Comment

• dman033189
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by J-Dogg
                    I am starting to think like arcdawg about this now!
                    Scary ain't it?

Comment

• arcdawg
                      • Sep 2005

haha don but seriously this kid is starting to remind me of a chick.........cant make up their mind and when they get the advise they dont want to hear they get a additude about it !

what you should do is put that money towards a car, or better yet college........cause you neeeeeeed to learn somethings bro !

end of post end of thread...........im going to be bed !

dawg

Comment

Originally posted by Dman033189
                        Scary ain't it?

Yup

Jared

Comment

• aphexafx
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by d-dawgg
                          WTF??? i can't, i have to wait till im 16!!!
                          WTF??? then that's too bad!!!

Dude, at this point it's your problem, and if you want it to work you'll make it work. If you can get yourself a welder then go get one. If you can't then you can't, and we can't help you.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by aphexafx
                            aphexafx
                            American yo!
                            Some little 14 yr/old is going to tell us about beer? (no offence but, no one's impressed. You can't even drive yet, big guy)

Nice signature

Comment

• dman033189
                              • Oct 2005

I see you took yours down.

Comment

• arcdawg
                                • Sep 2005

you BOYS could only wish...........

but on the serious note here.......this is a really good message board and i really like the guys here and i would hate to see some snot nosed kid ruin it so i will be biting my tounge from now on and if HE wants to still P&M about everything i would send him over to

www.shopfloortalk.com and see how long his additude would last over there !

dawg

Comment

Working...
                                X