Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rb455ho
    replied
    Dennis, no I did take it home which is only 5 minutes from my shop. I go to Ocala every now and then and Gainesville is only 30 or so miles past that. If you are interested I wouldn't mind delivering it or if you want you can come here, either way. It is almost brand new I only used it for 20 hours or so to do some light Al tig work. My email is [email protected]. I am receiving emails daily so try again or post here. ph #-727-798-1053

Leave a comment:

• dennis
    replied
    Originally posted by rb455ho
    I recently purchased a syn 350 and my 180sd tig runner which has less than 20 hours of use is going on the auction block. This machine is like new as I hardly ever used it, runner, foot pedal, work clamp, stinger, diamondback tig torch, regulator all like new. What is a fair price to ask for this machine in great condition and 1.5 years old?
    Hey Rob, I tried to send you an e-mail, but it wouldn't let me. I may be interested in this. Have you sold it yet? I live in Gainesville, so it's not too far of a drive. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Rob,

Thanks and good choice. Quick story: I had a Lincoln Squarewave 175 Squarewave I bought as a school demo for $1100 with the running gear and 10 hours of arc time. I liked the machine, but wanted to upgrade and had a hard time selling it for what I needed. I went ahead and bought a larger machine (Miller) anyway. I took it (Lincoln 175) to the house and used it for another couple of years. Finally it sold for a good price. Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    HAWK, I think I am going to keep the syn 180 and take it home and set up in my garage. After all, it is still like brand new and so far no interest at $1000.00. Thanks for your continuous support and information.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    Originally posted by oldudbob
    You had indicated that your dealer offered you $700 for it and you indicated you were looking for $850. At $1,000 I will pass. If you change your mind get back to me. I was looking forward to a trip to Savannah, Ga. Hope you are able to find a buyer at that price.

Bob, obviously the dealer want to lowball me as he is in business. He would sell this machine in its like new condition for 1000.00-1250.00. I am only asking a very fair price and will meet you half way which does cost me time and money. If you are interested at $1000.00 and half way delivery I will be happy to accomodate.

Leave a comment:

• oldudbob
    replied
    You had indicated that your dealer offered you $700 for it and you indicated you were looking for $850. At $1,000 I will pass. If you change your mind get back to me. I was looking forward to a trip to Savannah, Ga. Hope you are able to find a buyer at that price.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    Oldudbob, yes the 180 has less that 20 hours of use. It is a great machine and the only reason I am not using it is because my requirements have changed. I am prodominently welding 1/2" aluminum and I needed a bigger machine namely the syn 350. I have everything that came with the machine and all is like new the stinger has never been used. It is the lowboy with the runner all in one, regulator, foot pedal, work clamp, diamond torch, stinger. I bought it new and am the only one to ever use it. It does require a 60 amp circuit @240 VAC. My mentor HAWK says $1000.00 is a fair price so if you are interested we could meet somewhere in between Fl and NC.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Rob,

Hang out for the $1K figure. If you can't get it, then find another use for the machine. There is no point in giving away good equipment. If you dealer offered $850, he will sell it for $1000 or better. Hang in there and Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• oldudbob
    replied
    rh455ho: It is my understanding that you have a Miller Syncrowave 180 SD Runner (has the running gear attached) for sale that is about 1 1/2 years old and has only been slightly used. I believe your reason for selling this welder was to be able to purchase a larger tig welder. Is that because the 180 don't meet your tig needs or what?

What specific accessories go with it?

Would this be a good machine to use for learning to tig weld?

What types and thickness of materials can be welded with this machine?

Is this machine in like new condition?

Would this welder require 240V 60A circuit?

I had not planned to buy a tig welder, but if I can get it at a good price I may go ahead and buy it. I currently have AC and AC/DC tombstone welders, a Weld-Pac (flux core) wire welder and will be buying a MM 210 next week. With the addition of the 180 SD I should have the welding process pretty well covered.

What, if anything, can the 180 SD do that my other welders can't do? Or, what can it do better?

I plan to do a lot of ornamental steel work in the future. Would the 180 SD be handy for that type of work?

Can you E-mail me a picture of your welder with accessories?

I live in NC and I believe you live in the Tampa, FL area. Therefore, either

1. I would have to drive down and pick it up

2. Have you ship it to me.

3. You would have to drive up and deliver it.

4. Meet me half way.

Which of these options are you open too?

What is the lowest price you would take for this welder?

Please get back to me if you are interested in pursuing this. I received you E-mail, but when I tried to E-mail you back I kept getting a error message. Please E-mail me with you E-mail address again.

oldudbob

Leave a comment:

• oldudbob
    replied
    rb455ho: Drop me an E-mail at [email protected] if you still have the Miller SYNCROWAVE 180 SD tig welder for sale.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    the manage atachments only alows 100kbs so if you have to zip it first or if it is a jpj you can reduce it.
    the atach files below shows the usable formats.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    fun4now, I made a drawing in Microsoft word but could not paste it here. Maybe I am missing a step or something but I believe the IMG"ing has been disabled. If anyone has any info on pasting illustrations please let me know on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    rb455ho

right now i'm working on making an english wheel and planishing hammer.

some spots will be pushing it but with proper prep and multy passing i will be ok, besides i will most likely buy a frame and cut it up to alter to suit my needs. easyer when it come time to title it that way also.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    Fun4now,
    Thanks for getting back with me so soon. It sounds great man I hope you bet that dyn 200 ASAP as your enthusiasm is quite apparent in your posts. Some of the frame requirements might be a bit much for the dyn 200, but you can always buy a frame. My friend is building a custom chopper, his first one, it is a real learning experience for him. Let me know how the custom skins go. Take care and keep supporting this great forum.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    rb455ho

Fun4now, what are your thickness requirements will a dyn 200 be adequate.

i dont have any real requirments as i dont have a job.
    i'm looking to find somthing i can do from home with what ever time i can get in my shop. i'm thinking i will build a harly from scratch and try to sell it. i havent built 1 in about 20 years . i'm hoping to make some custum skins ( gas and oil tanks,fenders) to sell to finance the build. if i can manage to sell 1 a year at a $15,000.00 profit it will be more than i make on disability and i can start to suport myself insted of you doing it. right now i am just trying to find somthing i can do within my limitations. i'm not making much off of my POW*MIA stuff but it keeps me from rotting in my mind.

if HAWK said somthing about a dynasty you should believe it he make a living with them,and all my info on TIGing comes from him and books i just repeat it to help others. i have never TIG'ed befor but am looking forward to the options it will give me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X