Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dynasty that much better than syncrowave 350LX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASKANDY
    replied
    I couldn't have said it any better PJ.

Welcome Tooldude56

The Sync series will always be the Cadilac of welders but if you want the Corvette, you need to move up to the Dynastys.
    Lot's more performance, lots less power draw.

Thanks for finding us, I'm sure you will get tons of info from these guys.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• ignitor
    replied
    My experiance with thoriated tungsten on aluminum is it disintergrates over time. Thereby contaminating your weld. We use Zirtung for all our alum tigging.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    HAWK, good point I did not think about the espionage that might occur.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Originally posted by rb455ho
    I listened to everybody on this forum and gained quite a bit of knowledge regarding the inverter vs. the transformer machine. Currently, I am only welding 1/2" 60601-T6 and my syn 350 does a great job. This machine is and never will be portable. As my signature says I will be getting a dyn. someday as it does seem to be the coolest welder on the block. HAWK mentioned a dyn 700 which is still on the drawing board, does anyone have any additional info on that machine?

Rob,

It would not be fair to put that info out as not only forum members, but also anyone reading this site including the competition can see what you see.

See?

Wait and See.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Welcome aboard and I will say if you like the inverter in mig you haven't seen anything yet. The Dynasty with the pulse and balance and waveshaping, WOW it is night and day difference. At the PRI show I saw a man sit down who was obviously a pro aluminum tig welder, he made a weld and ANDY showed him some of the advanced wave form shaping charactoristics and the mans reaction was "wrap it up, I'll take two"! I have welded with syncros and dynastys love the digital program abilities, the pulse will help the not-so- advanced welder get the pro quality weldes he wants and the waveshaping will make the pro-proud.

As for portable the syncrowave I used weighed around 300 lbs the dynasty 300DX weighed more like 100 lbs, soooo yea its portable! My 200DX weighs 45 lbs. If I needed a high amp portable the 300dx with an air cooled torch would be the magic.

Merry Christmas,

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Blown S-10

no problem guy,just thought i would offer so you could try them out.

i had dimond ground send me 4 samples 2 @ 1.5% lanthanated and 2 @ 2% lanthanated gust to check them out.

ok so i was jonesen for the dynasty and got some tung. for a quick fix LOL
    i wanted to see the diference between the 20Ra finish and the high polish.
    oh and get a few free pre-ground tungstens

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    ok, heres 2 pics, front and back. the one piece, bottom left, was a bend test, i unbent it some to look. its a pretty good weld for a fng. the beed didn't bend at all. i think the flap disc worked pretty well.

thanx James. but i'm going to order some soon. just tryin to figure out what all i need, so i can place one order, not many.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• joebass
    replied
    I used a sharpened Thoriated tungsten for a year on my Dynasty before I switched to Lanthanated. I can tell a difference and it is and I like it better, but I know of one guy that continues to use Thoriated on his Dynasty 300. He has used this for a while now as he has the 1st generation Dynasty. All of his work is aluminum and he sees no reason to change. Thoriated is meant for DC on a transformer machine.It can be used as an all in one on an inverter. I have no idea why Blown S-10 is haveing the balling problem. It has never happened to me. I do think that the lanthanated has a higher amperage capacity. I also would not use a flap disc on aluminum unless I have to, it will contaminate it. I think that there are better options.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Blown S-10

thorium (red) realy isent great on A/C it is ment for D/C
    it is also realy a bad choice for the dynasty's (also raioactive)
    grey is an unspecified electrode (your arc-zone mix)
    cerium is orange and would be a beter choice for the dynasty if you have it.

if you e-mail me with your address ill send you a lanthanated tung. to play with if you want to try it.

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now
    if your tung. is starting to ball you are getting too hot for the tung.

on the higher end try
    3/32" 2% lanthanated 35% taper with a .030 flat
    just a tip fom HAWK i'm passing on
    thanx James. but thats not the case. i am working with .090 6061 plate. i cut it into pieces, clean them with a flap disc, fit them up, about a .003" gap or less. then i hit the joint with a ss wire brush just before welding. around 110amp, 75ish balance, 60-250 hz. though these setting don't make a difference, as it happens on a lot of different settings. i will say though, i am mostly using 2% thoriated red, this is what i have the most of. but i also have a grey/silver, i forgot what its called, but Arc Zones top of the line, that came with the torch. and i have a, what i believe is a 2% ceriated, its grey. i can't tell a difference between them. yes, i am going to get the proper rods soon. maybe/hopefully that will fix some of my problems.

my beads don't look great, but not bad (mostly) either. for a new guy anyway.

Leave a comment:

• rb455ho
    replied
    dyn vs. syn 350

I listened to everybody on this forum and gained quite a bit of knowledge regarding the inverter vs. the transformer machine. Currently, I am only welding 1/2" 60601-T6 and my syn 350 does a great job. This machine is and never will be portable. As my signature says I will be getting a dyn. someday as it does seem to be the coolest welder on the block. HAWK mentioned a dyn 700 which is still on the drawing board, does anyone have any additional info on that machine?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    when it comes right down to it the dynasty series was desined as a specalty unit to fit several nitches the syncrowave welders dont. that being said you may not have a use,want or concern for most or all the added feachers of the dynasty series. the extra $$$ is due to the added feachers. the dyn is prewired for automated welding, set up for multiple voltages, specilizes in aluminum, its light to be more portable. if you intend to sit at your welding table all day putting square steel frames togather you probly would have no use for most of the extra stuff on the dynasty.you realy need to evaluate your uses for your welder and then chouse. the dynasty will have a sweeter arc but at an expence.

you might just want the collest welder on the block and that's ok too.

for me the dynasty was and is my only option due to its power consumtion,all the rest of its options are just great perks

Leave a comment:

• tackit
    replied
    I went with the 180 SD because I don't weld anything so important or critical that having an inverter or transformer matters. I was thinking money and I would still do it the same way.

Leave a comment:

• Trap Doctor
    replied
    Dynasty 200DX

Too All,

I just went through a 2 month evaluation of the Dynasty 200 Vs Syncrowave 250. I spoke to every technical engineer I could find but Jack Fulcer was the most down to earth guy in Millers organization that I spoke to. My, Texas hat is off to this guy, I owe him a a Cold Budweiser!!!!!!! I asked every stupid question, technical data, why this and why that, questions and he convinced me to go with the Dynasty. When you tell someone that money is not the issue ( you just don't want to say 6 months later ****, I should have purchased XXXXX instead of XXXXX )

Blown S-10
    Very interesting observation on the grinding of the tungsten, My plans are to document every broken alumimun motorcycle case, trap machine, gear box that I can. I ask more questions than Carter's has liver pills. This bulletin board has the most potential for passing along knowledge about welding than any other and I'm going to be part of it!!

Vinegar to clean aluminum prior to welding???? Any experences??

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Blown S-10

if your tung. is starting to ball you are getting too hot for the tung.

on the higher end try
    3/32" 2% lanthanated 35% taper with a .030 flat
    just a tip fom HAWK i'm passing on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X