Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    As preferance I use Acetone but Isopropyl alcohol works great also. Alcohol tends to be a bit cheaper for those on a budget.

Peace,

Leave a comment:

• ncdrakes
    replied
    Thanks for the input guys. I will grab some acetone on Sunday and will try it out, while making sure that I store the rag a safe distance away (I hope) .

Any suggestions on amps/pulse setting, etc?

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    fire in the hole(I think every one has lit a rag or ten)

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    acitone

also use acetone to wipe down weld area then start welding asap
    great advice but remember acitone is verry verry flamable. a spark will torch that rag you wiped with real quick and from ferther away than you may think. so be aware and carfull. i say this as 1 that has lit up a few rags doused in acitone

Leave a comment:

• wrench3047
    replied
    also use acetone to wipe down weld area then start welding asap. will clean any oxidation wire brush missed.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    stick to stainles steel for wire brush work on aluminum and never use that brush on steel or you cant go back to aluminum with it.
    scotch brite pads on an angle grinder will do wonders.

again never mix your aluminum supplies with the steel ones or you are asking for truble. you will need seperate everything for steel and aluminum.

have fun cant wait to get mine.

P.S. will receve my foot peddle tomarow

Leave a comment:

• ncdrakes
    started a topic AL Square Tubing

AL Square Tubing

I've finally got some time to work in my shop; and am ready to try welding some AL with my new dynasty; the material I have is 1"X1"X1/16" 6063 square tubing; I will be using 1.5 lanth tungsten. I was curious if any you could give me some recommendations on machine settings to get me going? I plan on making a base for a small cabinet. I was also curious if any of you used anything in particular to prep the aluminum prior to welding? At school we just used a wire brush attached to a drill. Thanks for your help!
Working...
X