Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown S-10
    replied
    there is nothing to comment about. there is right, there is wrong, and there is what is that there for.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    More to think about.

Comments and Opinions on the following;

Longitudinal Grinding verses Circular Grinding is there a difference?

See the following photo;

Click Here

Regards

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Blown S-10

some one hooked me up with this a wile back and ill look for the link if you cant find it. it is called power toys from micro soft. it is stuf they were working on to put in windows but never got there due to time restraints or size or what ever.
    anyway they have a pic resizer in there for windows XP all you have to do is right click on it and it will have a resize pic option along with all the standerd stuf like
    preview
    edit
    print
    resize pic
    open with >
    scan anti virus
    send to >
    cut
    copy

well you get the ideal it goes right int your windows like it was always there (well it was going to but didnt make the cut ) any how it gives you the option to resize 1 or multiple pic's at once in 4 size options with a click . realy nice and i have never had a problem with it interacting with XP
    probly the only thing i havent had truble with, with XP

any how ill see if i can find the link, i know it is on the microsoft home site.

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    Originally posted by wrench3047
    Hey Blown S-10 take the pic right click, open with, paint, once you have it open with paint use the dotted line square to highlight the part you want to keep, right click copy, click file, new, click edit, paste. Give that a try see if it's what you were trying for. This is how i get decent resolution pics on this site. My camera when you turn up the pic quality the pic size goes up to like 500 mb or something like that, so I have to just cut out the piece I want to show.
    thanx, i'll try that.

Leave a comment:

• aphexafx
    replied
    Originally posted by wrench3047
    My camera when you turn up the pic quality the pic size goes up to like 500 mb or something like that, so I have to just cut out the piece I want to show.
    If your camera takes a 500 MB image, it must be one **** of a camera!

I have a professional digital SLR and I know how to use it and light close ups, so if everyone wants to organize and figure out who can provide what type of grind on a specific size of tungsten and mail them to me I would be more than happy to photograph them and post them here, or even on my server as a dedicated page about the topic. I'd return your tungstens, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    Originally posted by KB Fabrications
    It seems silly to me that a home shop guy that could afford to spend more than $2200 to get his welder and set ups would worry about spending $200 on a Sharpie tungsten grinder.
    its not the price, kinda. its a freakin dremel with a nice wheel, and a hunk of metal with a few holes in it. does that seem like $200+ ? not to me. that thing should cost $70-$80. oh, maybe the fancy case is worth the other $120+.

i have a hard time paying for gas for a 50' speedboat of some rich guy. sometimes it can't be avoided, but it can in this case.

Leave a comment:

• wrench3047
    replied
    Originally posted by Blown S-10
    i just now tried to take a closeup, not good. if i could trim pics, that may help, but i don't know if i have what i need to do that.
    Hey Blown S-10 take the pic right click, open with, paint, once you have it open with paint use the dotted line square to highlight the part you want to keep, right click copy, click file, new, click edit, paste. Give that a try see if it's what you were trying for. This is how i get decent resolution pics on this site. My camera when you turn up the pic quality the pic size goes up to like 500 mb or something like that, so I have to just cut out the piece I want to show.

Leave a comment:

• GWB
    replied
    No Need..

Just to show there are no hard feelings, I'm gonna get one next week!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays to ALL

gb

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Blown S-10

you can e-mail me the pic and ill resize it for ya.

i think a sharpie would be realy cool and will no dought save up to get me 1.
    that being said i will be grinding them by hand till i get that exta did i say exta $200.00

jeffscarstrucks made the best point here
    It's important to evaluate want vs need as an individual and not worry about the other guys. If I had to explain a NEED for all the junk in my shop then I'd be in deep trouble!

we all may justafy a need to the lil woman on acation to get it but realy most of my stuf is well over the need limit.

the 1 thing i realy need is to get menny, menny years out of the tool i do get.

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike W
    I think we need some comparison testing between machine ground and hand ground. Maybe the Myth Busters TV show could do a tungsten special.
    thats a good idea. except that taking a GOOD pic/s of a grind would be hard for most of us.

i have been getting pretty good at grinding mine. its just like tig'n, you need good equipment, and LOTS of practice. i just now tried to take a closeup, not good. if i could trim pics, that may help, but i don't know if i have what i need to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Mike W
    replied
    I think we need some comparison testing between machine ground and hand ground. Maybe the Myth Busters TV show could do a tungsten special.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Originally posted by GWB
    A tig welder(weldor) that can't hand grind a tungsten, is like a machinist that can't grind a lathe tool by hand... .useless.... We don't do AEROSPEC in a home shop setting...........

A good investor spends his money wisely..............
    I've ground my tungs by hand on a bench grinder for years. Yes I do know how to do that. It works fine, absolutely. My business, however is growing by leaps and bounds. It's not because I can't do it, its because I would rather be welding than worrying about grinding my tungs and dealing with dressing a wheel, cleaning up the mess, etc, etc, etc.

My original point to your original post was, What does it matter whether these guys want to spend whatever on whatever? If a TG grinder is what you want, get it . If you don't want one, or feel the need, then by all means refrain.

A Miller Dynasty 200DX is an incredible machine technologically. If a home shop guy/gal is going to buy that kind of welder, then why would it be such a leap for him/her to get the latest technology in in tungsten grinders?

I did not mean to offend you and my response was probably a little sarcastic. It was meant to be sarcastic but not to offend you. I apologize.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    You mean there is actually a market for these things? I never would have guessed it. Ha ha, just kidding.

I actually checked out the Turbo 4. It seems comparable to the PII in terms of size and functionality. Ultimately, I agree with HAWK when it comes to the Diamond Ground products. They remind me of Miller when it comes to product quality and customer service.

Leave a comment:

• GWB
    replied
    Fun,
    I know that is your case. I was mostly speaking to my perception of silliness in GWB's original post. It seems silly to me that a home shop guy that could afford to spend more than $2200 to get his welder and set ups would worry about spending $200 on a Sharpie tungsten grinder.

So do you cut wood in the same same shop you weld in???

Sorry that was silly....

A tig welder(weldor) that can't hand grind a tungsten, is like a machinist that can't grind a lathe tool by hand... .useless.... We don't do AEROSPEC in a home shop setting...........

A good investor spends his money wisely..............

Leave a comment:

• 92 mustang
    replied
    IMO it depends on whether you have a bench grinder or not. If you don't have a bench grinder why buy the bench grinder to sharpen tungsten when you have to dedicate one wheel just for that purpose because even a cheep bench grinder is about $50.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X