Santa Came Early!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teeps
    Either I'm getting older, or 200 lbs feels heavier!!!! Maybe both!!!
    Don
    With the greenhouse effect increasing along with the geometric angle of the waves of Lake Michigan and the alignment of Pluto with Santa's sleigh gravity is increased slightly this time of year.
    Joe
    [email protected]

Comment

It's the reason people tend to put on weight between november and january.
      It all makes sense. It's the alignments fault not getting older, overeating or being lazy during vacation. Blame it on Pluto.
      Joe
      [email protected]

Comment

wrench3047

hummmmm

yep, i like it, i like it a lot

i'm going with what he said
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by wrench3047
          It's the reason people tend to put on weight between november and january.
          It all makes sense. It's the alignments fault not getting older, overeating or being lazy during vacation. Blame it on Pluto.
          Well I never got very soar from lifting the welder, but darn it if my belly isn't starting to resemble "Pluto" from all this holiday feasting!!!!
          Pretty soon, my belly will be big enough to affect the gravitational pull, and the alignments of the planets even further though, lol.

Thanks Mike,

Thanks for the tip Tackit.

Actually I wanted to pick up some .030 for my other machine, and I probably spent quite a bit more than comparable 7" spools, but I decided to pick up a 12.5 lbs spool of L-56 (Lincoln) since I new for sure it would be of good quality, and If I'm buying a large spool, I don't want to risk something I haven't tried. I welded on the wrong metal with it (I think the 12 guage sheet was actually stainless), the beads still looked great!!!! and this 12.5 lbs spool will last alot longer in my sp135 than the 2lbs spool did.

We have a local manufacturer here in MI called Crown Alloys, I'm going to try some 308L SI, wire from them on some 16 guage stainless, and see how it turns out.
          The local supplier says they make good stuff. If the wire turns out nice, I'll start using them for the lower price, but I'll buy little 2lbs spools first.

From Crown, I also know its more freshly built. The lincoln stuff I picked up, I'm pretty sure has been sitting for a long time on the shelf at my local supplier, and I did actually see some surface rust on part of the wire, small spot on the outside of the spool and across several strands. Probably from somebodies hand at the factory, and it was still sealed in the plastic, I think it just sat too darn long, the higher pricetag must not make it very popular at my local supplier.

Comment

Good Job! You will really like this machine, and it does a great job with the spool gun on aluminum and don't forget that the gun is good for that odd size steel you don't use much of. Good Luck, JEFF
            200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Teeps: I have a couple of good articles concerning improvements that can be made to a small bandsaw. If you are interested drop me an E-mail at [email protected] and I will send E-mail them to you.

Comment

Tips on lifting...

Just remember to keep your back straight..

Also, use the gravity produced by that belly to your advantage, like I do. Just set that thing on to of what you're lifting and let it help hoist. If the partying has been especially good, the gravity produced by the belly will practically lift itself.

Karl
                At a certain point in every project, it comes time to shoot the engineers and build the d*** thing.

Comment

Working...
                X