Sa-200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sa-200

Is anyone familar with a Lincoln SA-200 engine driven.
    Joe
    [email protected]

go to shopfloortalk.com

its a on going thread over there.........with a bunch of old timers b.s.ing about it

dawg

Comment

I'm familiar with it inside and out, What do you want to know?

Lincoln Tech

Comment

Have had one for 25 yrs

Comment

wondering about what it was worth? about the capacity of it?
          heard of one for sale engine driven. all I could find outout about it on red website was it's full name is sa-200-f163. and it has a continetal engine.
          Joe
          [email protected]

Comment

I have one just like it and I am not sure about value, it would depend on several things. There is a code number on the faceplate that tells exact one as they made variations of that model for a long time. They are very reliable and have a long lifespan. A guy in New York has one for sale with a fresh eng and wants 1500 I think. A lot of it would be condition and local demand as they are still commonally used so some guys do want them. Shopping around and comparing is the only way I could see to tell what its worth. The only problem I ever had with mine was distributor, something to do with the points sliding around, been a long time and I dont remember the details.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well I have now seen the welder. It's on an unpainted homemade trailer. I think the dryrotted tires are worth more that the trailer itself. The welder seems to have at the parts, the owner said the battery is dead so he couldn't start it. He did say it ran well when the battery was charged. It comes with the trailer an O/A rig and 50ft leads. The paint on the welder is oxidized (gray fingers opening panel. No leaks on motor and all wiring seems intact not brittle. Didn't get to run it and weld. He's getting a new battery soon so we can run it. What would you think it's worth about in your estimations? He's asking $2000 for the whole setup I'm going to look at it again.
              Joe
              [email protected]

Comment

When they were on the market what was the price of a new one? The owner said 10 years old, so I'm assuming it was one of the last one's available new. 1993 was the manual I could pull up on the Lincoln website.
                Joe
                [email protected]

Comment

I paid about 3 G in 1980

Comment

Thanks so a beat up one probly isn't worth about 2g 10yrs old. Everyone I talked to says it's probly worth less than 1g.
                    Joe
                    [email protected]

Comment

Its worth whatever you want to pay for it but, beat up, a grand at most. Drive up to NY and Franz will sell you one with a fresh eng for 1500.

Comment

Working...
                      X