Question for The ones older than Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for The ones older than Me

I was given a Rego Cutting welding torch today.

Its a Rego Sx welding torch and a SXA cutting atachment.

The cutting tip is for something other then Acetylene. Has the two piece with the center recesed about a 1/8".

Well any info would be great

thanks
    Gary
    Dry Creek Welding
    Dynasty 300DX Tigrunner
    Trailblazer 302
    Spectrum 2050
    suitcase 12RC

I have read that a two piece is for propane. I haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM
      I was given a Rego Cutting welding torch today.

Its a Rego Sx welding torch and a SXA cutting atachment.

The cutting tip is for something other then Acetylene. Has the two piece with the center recesed about a 1/8".

Well any info would be great

thanks
      Gary
      The 2-piece tip is indeed for Propane. If I remember correctly, Rego was made by NCG, National Cylinder Gas. They have been extinct for many years but were good torches.

Comment

p.s. if you try to use it with ace it will work for awhile, but I will melt the inner part of the tip. Popping and cracking so on and soforth.

used one that was already setup and scared the $#[email protected] out of me when started acting up. Flame pop it self into the torch and relight it self handle got hot.
        Joe
        [email protected]

Comment

I am not trying to be rude, That is why I said the tip is for something other then Acetylene. Thay can be used for propane, propaline and natural gas. What i need to know is some torches and cutting atachemts will only run Acetylene and not the others. It goes the other way around some will run propane, propaline and NG but not Acetylene.

I kinda need to know more about the torch and cutting atachment.

Thanks for the info so far!

Gary
          Dry Creek Welding
          Dynasty 300DX Tigrunner
          Trailblazer 302
          Spectrum 2050
          suitcase 12RC

Comment

I found this if you can read the part #on the tip itself it might crossref
            http://www.atlweldingsupply.com/Surp...ting%20Tip.htm
            Joe
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Gary, The bad news is it is a propane tip won't work on acet. The good news is you can still get tips for your torch. I prob have some in my junk box. We had one at work. I will look around...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

Pretty sure the torch has an equal pressure design mixing chamber. You can try hooking it up to your BBQ bottle. propane is real popular with scrap and auto junk yards as it is safer than acety and a lot cheaper though it does use a little more oxy than acety. I like using it for heating and bending, a poor man's rosebud-just don't hit the oxy lever. Unless it's your only O/A rig, just leave it set-up for heating/bending.

Comment

Here is a link to tips for the Rego Torch available through American Torch Tip...Rego Tips The KX-6 is our most popular acetylene tip. If it was me, I'd try out the propane. It's cheaper and safer.

Rego was a trademark of NCG, but when they ceasesd to exist a company called Rexarc bought the rights to Rego equipment. They still manufacture it, but have dropped the Rego name. There are still pockets around the country that use a lot of it, it is pretty good stuff. Here is a link to... Rexarc

Comment

You are the man klsm54! your link to rexarc was perfect just what I needed.
                    KX-6 is the right tip for with this cutting torch.

Thanks Again so much

Gary
                    Dry Creek Welding
                    Dynasty 300DX Tigrunner
                    Trailblazer 302
                    Spectrum 2050
                    suitcase 12RC

Comment

Working...
                    X