No announcement yet.

c25 or straight co2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get very little spatter with my Hobart using CO2. Say in a 2" bead, I may have 6 tiny little balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D

Rocky,

Thank you for the link!

Comment

axial spray?

would axial spray sound similiar to a high pressure air hoase when u weld with it cause i know it took me a long time to get used to the sound of the welders at my new job becasue they used miller cp 302 machines heat set at 6 or 7 with wire speed cranked up almost all the way?
        to weld or not to weld that is the question

Comment

bigwelder,

Spray arc does sound like a hissing air hose or aerosol can. It is actually many tiny molten metal drops traveling across the arc. You are literally spraying metal. The spray is very white and bright!

Comment

bigwelder,

I believe everybody here is using the term "axial spray" to refer to the molten metal traveling across the axis of the arc. It is a very stable process producing consistent results as long as the shielding gas used in hot enough to promote a constant spray. It is used for in position and horizontal fillet welds where the highly molten weld pool cannot easily roll out. The brother to axial spray is pulsed spray and can be used to weld in all positions due to the pulsing creating a freezing puddle so it does not run out in out of position welding.

Comment

Working...
            X