Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need saw help - Im an idiot dont laugh lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a no no. You are not being safe. Please use the proper tools for the job, fingers are tough to come by & I have seen a abrasave blade self destruct due to over rev. It was not a pretty site and the nuckle head almost lost an eye even with safty glasses. Two stitches in the cheek & a nice shiner for something that could have been avoided.
    Here is the best 200 bucks I ever spent. See Attached photos..
    Yes I made the base and put a bimetal blade on her, but it was a great project & I still have not hooked up the cooling system some day...
    Attached Files

Comment

Karish,
      Any chance we could see a pic of the base you machined for your saw. Sounds very interesting.
      Thanks

Comment

Wendall,

I will try to arrange something. I do not own a 1's and 0's camera at the moment.

The Johnson bandsaw is quite a big green lump to go with your big blue lump. I would think your interest in a small chop saw would be dramatically diminished with the accquitison of that.

Comment

Karish,
          This is true, I'd love to throw the chop out the window now! I'd be intersted in the clamp assembly for some other appications. No sweat.

That bandsaw came with a fwe hunded lbs. of welding rod and a mint Browne and Sharp machinist square (think thats what it's called, 12 ruler w/ three attachments).

Comment

Originally posted by d-dawgg
            1. can you use a mitre saw for metal?
            2. what is a chop saw?
            3. how do you cut angles on a band saw?

#1 YES IF U HAVE A CHOP SAW
            #2 IT IS A SAW WITH AN ABRASIVE CUTTING WHEEL

WE HAVE 2 CHOP SAWS AT THE SHOP MADE BY RIGID AND THEY HAVE ANGLE ADJUSTMENTS SIMILIAR TO A MITER SAW
            to weld or not to weld that is the question

Comment

Hey guys, i guess i'm here to throw my 2 cents,

I use the Makita LC1230, 12" metal cutting saw, the base is not cheap it's sturdy, plus i just bought one for my father too and it comes with 2 blades instead of 1. Also abrasive saws are alright if you don't mind the sparks and the smell and the smoke. Bandsaws are great, and i highly recommend them but if you spend the money make sure you get a decent one, i know there's a few out there that aren't to great. So my 2 cents.

BC

Dynasty 200dx w/coolmate 3
              MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
              Cutmaster 101 plasma
              Miller Big Window elite
              BC

Dynasty 200DX
              Coolmate 3
              MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
              Cutmaster 101
              LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Comment