Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulrbrown
    replied
    With the PC300 added, you can even do Pulsed Stick......all you need is the cable and electrode holder for stick...hope this helps, Paul

Leave a comment:

• Mike W
    replied
    It shows the stick process right on the front panel.

Leave a comment:

• joebass
    replied
    You can stick weld with any CC machine. Your dealer is not very informed.

Leave a comment:

• Terence638
    replied
    when I bought the 250DX the dealer told me that I cannot weld stick with this machine, What procces stick weld can be made with the 250?
    Terence

Leave a comment:

• badbu
    replied
    i did the same

I dropped over $4000 last spring on the sync. 250 tigrunner w/ accessories not having any experience. I had seen lots of tig welding done and knew it was something I wanted to learn how to do. My friends think I'm insane, until they need something welded.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    That machine will also do stick, hence the need for a chipping hammer.
    Peace,

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    Ever use flux cored tig rod for tool steel? Y may want a small chipping hammer for that.

Leave a comment:

• Teeps
    replied
    Originally posted by sparx
    CHIPPING HAMMER?

If you need a chipping hammer for your tig welds, I think you need to take the class again.

Obviously just kidding!
    ROFL

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied
    CHIPPING HAMMER?

If you need a chipping hammer for your tig welds, I think you need to take the class again.

Obviously just kidding!

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    I am in the final week of my GTAW class and just bought a Dynasty 200DX, so I have books for referance and fresh memory fo the facts and figures if I can help email me through the forum or at [email protected] make sure it has a title of Tig question or it wont get opened. Glade to help if I can.

BTW sync 250 is a nice machine, used one in school and also used inverters. I prefer the inverters since space is limited.

Extra money list:
    1] Welding hood-Miller big window elite
    2] gloves- tig and stick gloves are different get both
    3] welding jacket cotton is ok leather is better
    4] cylinder of Argon- plain to start with then try addition of helium
    5] clamps, chipping hammer, wire brushes for {SS Aluminum and mild steel}

This list will get you started, good luck

Leave a comment:

• highwayman
    replied
    Woah!!!!!

That's a lot of money to spend on a machine that you don't know how to use and don't even know how go about with the process of the machine.In my opinion I would of spend my time learning how to gas weld with a $500 dollar torch set then try and tackling the famous heli-arc welding technique.Oh well it's yours now so enjoy and let us know how you and the machine get along!

I would suggest in spending some time in some Gas Tungsten Arc Welding classes at a local trade or vocational school if they are available but if not then I don't know how you will learn unless you really practice and use the steps from a study guide on tig or an internet site.Good Luck! I only started to use tig after I practically Mastered Gas Welding,Brazing,and Soldering! Then I bought me a Syncrowave 350 but please remember that tig is a very expensive process and if not for the machine with you already got it's then the consumables,parts,and gas! You have my best of wishes!

Leave a comment:

• Blown S-10
    replied
    i had hardly any tig experience when i bought my machine.

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    If money is burning a hole it can be well spent on a good water cooler and quality superflex torch, also consumables and a bench grinder you can dedicate to tungsten sharpening. Ive been tig welding for 6 years now and thought that I was pretty good and knew quite a bit but the handbook I downloaded here was very enlightening. I think just about anybody here can say that they learn something new about this feild all the time. Be sure to read your owners manual thoroughly before even turning on the machine also if power isnt getting hooked up till this weekend read that handbook, and I think you will be well on your way to learning to tig weld. Any problems or accomplishments are always welcome and more easily explained and rewarded if you post pic. congadulations and enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Mike W
    replied
    There are two optional boards you can get. I would hold off for now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    2g's **** i would of bought it to and i havent touched a tig in over 15 years.
    (Well actually last week i messed with one for a few minutes)
    Sorry about the link,I meant to say the Miller site.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X