Another welder info question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another welder info question

I was told that my old buzz box is made by miller, i want to no what year it was made in and if it was made by miller. The serial number: CP 81097

Thanks Jared
    Attached Files

Originally posted by J-Dogg
    I was told that my old buzz box is made by miller, i want to no what year it was made in and if it was made by miller. The serial number: CP 81097

Thanks Jared
    My first welder was an Airco made just like yours except for color/name. Mine was 1970 vintage and was copper transformer. They were made by Miller for many other companies including Meco. A few years later Miller stood them on end as they are now and went to aluminum transformer. I forget the duty cycle, but I ran mine for a week in the Texas July sun while welding a trailer and it did a great job.

Comment

It's called The Sizzler! Thats awesome.

Comment

J-Dogg,
        The "Sizzler" is basically the same as the Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC. I don't know for sure what year the unit you have was made but If I had to guess I would say 1960's. I'll do some checking to see if I can find a serial number chart for the Acklands units.

Kevin
        Kevin Schuh
        Service Technician
        Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Thanks for the help, sounds about right that it was made in 60 or early seventies.

Thanks Jared

Comment

Working...
          X