X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aphexafx
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now
    it sounds to me you are looking at the colet not the tung.the tung should look like a long silver rod
    Looks like a big oversized pencil lead.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    tung collor strip

but what I was figuring is tungsten is actualy quite a lot like copper in appearance. Is it just some kind of spacer?
    it sounds to me you are looking at the colet not the tung.the tung should look like a long silver rod about 7" long with a colerd stripe around 1 end. that stripe will tel you what type of tung. you have.
    orange = 2% cerium
    gold = 1.5% lanthanum
    red = 2% thorium

and so on, if you give us the coler of the stripe we can tell you what you have.

as for a pedle it will be helpfull

Leave a comment:

• Steved
    replied
    From experience; you can weld without a pedal with lots of headaches and suffering.

I would reccomend that you get a foot pedal, it makes the learning process quite a bit quicker.

As for what model, someone on this board should be able to suggest a couple worth getting.

Cheers,

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Lanthanated and ceriated are good, Thoriated is the radioactive one. I have used all of these and the lanthanated is the best overall. I think the kit comes with thoriated, atleast it has the warning on it for a carcinogen!
    Hope this helps,

Leave a comment:

• migmaniac70
    Guest replied
    2% cerorated i belive is an acceptable substitute for the lathenated which i believe is the radio active one.
    Not sure but if I am wrong i will be corrected

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    started a topic Maxstar 150 STL questions

Maxstar 150 STL questions

- Does anyone know what kind of tungsten comes from the factory with the 150 STL. The package doesn't seem to be marked. I'm anxious to avoid the radioactive ones? Of for that mater does the machine come with tungsten? Mine has a bunch of cups, but what I was figuring is tungsten is actualy quite a lot like copper in appearance. Is it just some kind of spacer?

- Is there a particular electrode that must be used with this machine, as with the Dynasty series?

- The TIG kit does not come with a pedal or handle mounted control. Is something of the kind highly recomended? This machine is DC, and can't be used with aluminum, where I suppose the need to start real hot, then back off is part of the territory for such a conductive metal. Is the same true with mild steel, and maybe some SS? Other TIG machines kits like the accutig, or 180 SD come with the pedal, but they do aluminum.
Working...
X