trailblazer or dynasty 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailblazer or dynasty 200

I currently have a bobcat 225, Which i have been told(on this forum) can run a dynasty 200, I also have a super 32 suitcase wire feeder(voltage sensing). And an hf251d high freq box. My question is - in order to facilitate my mobile welding rig for portable tig, should I buy a dynasty or a trailblazer302g. No money right now for a pro 300. I think that I should get the dynasty and then save for a pro300 or something else. my main concern is a/c tig for aluminum.
    Trailblazer 302g
    coolmate4
    hf-251d-1
    super s-32p
    you can never know enough

I'm not a really big fan of running a static welder off a generator because they put out dirty power. If I really had to do it this way, I'd make **** sure I stuck line filters/caps off the incomming power back to a potential chassis ground especially with inverter based units.

Comment

Have you considered getting the HF 251 hi-freq arc starter?? It would give you ac TIG at least. Not as good as a inverter based arc, but at least useable..?..
      Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
      '06 12RC feeder
      Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
      Esab Multimaster 260
      Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

I already have the hf 251
        Trailblazer 302g
        coolmate4
        hf-251d-1
        super s-32p

Comment

The way I read it you have the basic hardware, for the critical AC tig the HF251 but for the other stuff straight off the Bobcat. Look at the products tab above the forum then click for more info and look at Tig accessories.
          Good luck,

Comment

the problem with the bobcat and tig is the inability to remotely control the current. Also the a/c tig arc is about as stable as a ducati at 120 with a bent wheel with the quality of a 99 cent angle grinder. D/c tig isnt bad again no remote current control(nice for stainless and sheetmetal). I like the mig capabilities of the bobcat though and the arc is smooth and consistant.
            Trailblazer 302g
            coolmate4
            hf-251d-1
            super s-32p

Comment

Dyn88:
              They show a foot pedal in the tig accessories check list, I have not used this setup, I just read alot. Wish I could help more, I bet HAWK will know the exact answer though.
              Peace,

Comment

dyn88,

I have always run the Dynasty 200DX from a Trailblazer for mobile TIG. I have seen no problems in a year of operating this setup. I will not be able to give you a long running comparison as I sold both the TB301G and the Dynasty 200DX.

Cruizer has a point about dirty power, but I also ran a Maxstar 200DX from a Bluestar 180 and never had a problem with the Maxstar. It gave me 198 amps of TIG and 168 amps of STICK output.

The Bobcat 8500 watt generator is a big step up from the Bluestar 180 and should be clean enough to run the Dynasty 200 or even a 625 plasma without damage. MILLER ENGINE DRIVE APPLICATIONS CAN GIVE YOU A DEFINITE ANSWER. 1-800-4AMILLER. Dial and ask for engine drive applications.

I do agree with your thinking: Get the D200DX and save for the bigger engine drive. I do know first hand the Bobcat AC TIG arc is sloppy at best.

Comment

Working...
                X