Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott V
    replied
    There is a few website that will not allow firefox to post pictures but they are far and few between.

Be sure to use your tool bar bookmarks feature and also the tabs one as well.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Tanner,

OK, I'm running on that bad boy now. I liked the fact that it allowed me to set it as the default automatically, and it seems to be working fine. Pretty slick. As soon as I get used to the fact that "favorites" are now "bookmarks", and stuff like that, I'll probably like it a lot, too!

Hank

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Well, I'm gonna go for it, then. I can still keep IE and just make Firefox the default browser, I guess, and go back if I need to. If you guys don't see me around, I screwed it up!

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Tanner
    replied
    Hankj,
    As far as I can tell, every website that needs explorer that I've been to works just fine on Firefox

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Tanner,

Merci'.

Question: is Firefox fully compatible with IE 6.0? I use a lot of sites that require IE (minimum) and I know so little about internet protocols that I'd never find my way out of trouble ( or even recognize it) with the browser if it happened.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    [QUOTE=Tanner]May I suggest a way to keep 99% of all spyware from being on your computer, AND doesn't crash? www.mozilla.org/firefox. Greatest internet browser ever. Completely free and user friendly.[/QUOTE

I have firefox also, It's the best thing out, plus it speeds up my dsl.
    I also use most of the spy stuff that migmanic uses.

I thought AOL was the worst of the worst, when it comes to spying.
    I bet they will not even allow you to download Mozzilla !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tanner
    replied
    May I suggest a way to keep 99% of all spyware from being on your computer, AND doesn't crash? www.mozilla.org/firefox. Greatest internet browser ever. Completely free and user friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    This is the reason I switched to DSL from MSN's service. I didn't get a virus or spyware, I had a bad copy of Xp pro that never worked properly and the longer it ran the worse it got. I reformatted the C: drive and started from scratch, now it runs great, better than ever!

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I use 3 different spyware programs well actually 4 and they never get threw.

1 spywareblaster keeps 98% of spyware from even making it to your computer.

2 spybot S&D finds the ones that do get in.

3 adware finds the ones spybot missed

4 Aol spyware protection everything is gone by the time i run this one.

I am real paranoid about spyware. Can't you tell?

Leave a comment:

• Bubba
    replied
    Some of the Malware comes in frequently on the net could delete the Add-Remove part of the OP System. A complete rebuild should help from the original Install CD. Have to format the drives though.. I had this problem before. If you need an upgrade anyway than go buy the new OP System othervise the original should work ok. I like to use Adaware to keep the *******s at bay.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am right there with you guys, Nothing out here except dial up, unless you want to fork over 500.00 for a satilite installation.

Leave a comment:

• Tailshaft56
    replied
    Same thing here. too far from telco trunk for dsl and no cable this far out either. Only thing left is satellite and that's too expensive to justify.

Dial-up Dennis

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    I was mired in Win98 on an old IBM Aptiva for way too long. Got me a Dell 2400 w/Celeron and XP - love this thing... Now, if the century ever cathes up with Browns Valley (or is it the reverse?) we might be able to operate on something other than a dial-up at a baud rate higher than 3K!!!!!!!!!

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    I actually recieved a corrupted vesion of xp, that I loaded to replace windowsME that crashed frequently. The hint of problems was not being able to add or remove programs, I reloaded the xp 2 times still no luck, got a new version and wow its perfect!

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Paul,

How'd your O/S get beat up? Have thee not the latest anti-viral expunging stuff?

I just backed the whole thing up last week - 12 CD's!!

Hank

Leave a comment:

Working...
X