No announcement yet.

Dynasty 200dx problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea you can get rotary three phase converters but they suck a lot of juice and they are expensive once you get into the high current ones.
    Trailblazer 302g
    coolmate4
    hf-251d-1
    super s-32p
    you can never know enough

Comment

thank's guy's

it's nice to know the noodle isnt compleatly gone.
      yea it seemed i rememberd it was expensive, but some people have the $$$ and just want what they want. i gess if you can aford it why not right.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

It is my understanding that phase converters are used to facilitate using equipment not designed to run on single phase power. Since the dynasty is equipped for either, I believe that converting single phase to three phase for use on a dynasty200 would result in lower available power for the unit and less efficiency than just plugging the machine into the supply voltage. Phase converters are pricey and it would suck if someone spent money on one for no gain. I may be wrong, Please correct me if I am.

Comment

Don't plug your dynasty into a rotary phase converter if you were smart. I bet your warranty would be voided. It doesn't make any sense to do so with that machine, unless you like making problems for yourself?

Comment

You shouldn't need to run the Dynasty on any type of phase converter. If you do this, you are only reducing the power efficiency of the unit.
            I just did a repair on one of these where the person connected the red wire to one of the terminals in the plug and it ran poorly as you described. The red wire doesn't need to be used at all when single phasing. A 3/32 electrode should run fine on your machine. Something else is a miss.

good luck
            Andy

Comment

low end amp's

you could use a 1/16" tung. for the low end of the dyn.200 like 1-30amps

for 30A to 120A run a 3/32" tung. 20degree taper and a .020 flat 1.5% lanthanated

you wont need a 1/8" just sharpin your 3/32" to a 35 degree angle and a .030 flat 2% lanthanated for the higher amps from 120A to the max.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Mike W
                A burned looking electrode makes me want to look at the gas setup. I have heard of bad gas from the supplier.
                Mike W,
                I recently had a problem with porosity in carbon TIG weld and no puddle on AC AL. and I thought it might be my HF TIG unit. Long story/short is I sent the unit off to find that the machine performed as it should. Took it back to the shop and tried a different bottle of Argon and guess what,it welded ALL materials with no problem. Took the unused bottle of Argon that was obviously bad back to the supplier and he back peddled more than a campaign politician seeking re-election, stated he couldn't have bad gas as it is "certified pure", I did get a new bottle but this will be my last from AirWeld in Decatur,Ill. Not sure if any members close to this dealer but, watch your a**.
                Mike
                MACH4

Comment

MACH4:
                  So have you tried your new tank of Argon? Is it OK? I don't know how they keep air out of the tanks when they fill them but perhaps the technician just messed it up.

I don't know why these gas supplier characters are always so defensive about everything. I've been to two: one treated me like I was a pain in his *** and the other is friendly and even asks me what I'm up to welding when I pick up my tank. If I went to him with suspected bad Argon, I think he'd be more than happy to give me a new fill.

Finding a friendly gas supplier make a big difference, I think. How can you ask questions when you're afraid of getting your head bitten off??

Comment

aphexafx

How can you ask questions when you're afraid of getting your head bitten off??

i think the only ???? i would ask a place like that is "do you know where else i could get gas "
                    if i'm not good enough for them the they are not good enough for me .
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
                      i think the only ???? i would ask a place like that is "do you know where else i could get gas "
                      if i'm not good enough for them the they are not good enough for me .
                      That's an excellent philosophy, fun4now.

Comment

Working...
                      X