200DX Accessory Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200DX Accessory Advise

Hello, new user here. After much reasearch I'm sold on the Dynasty 200DX as a nice compliment to the Millermatic 250 I already have in my garage. I'm mostly welding smaller plate 3/8 or less, tubing, angle but I'm interested in gettting into some aluminum projects, i.e. fuel tank for my '74 Bronco.

My experience with GTAW & SMAW is limited but I undertand I need a foot control, flowmeter, torch, stinger, ground clamp and some cables. So far the following seem to be popular:

Miller HD foot pedal
    Victor flow meter
    CK flex head torch (Prostar label from Praxair)

I'm not too sure about cable sizes, stinger style or clamps.

Generally I'm of the opinion that you don't always get all the best components in kits so I'm inclined to purchase the necessary items separately.

I'd appreciate any advice, experiences or recommendations regarding the purchase of accessories for the 200DX.

Thanks,

It seems I may have jumped the gun here. A little effort in the search department generated a ton of info for me to read. Sorry to clutter up the board.

Comment

got it coverd

looks like you have it prity well coverd.
      i orderd some samples from dimond ground of 1.5% and 2% lanthanated tungsten. and checked there prices. looks good to me a preground 1.5 lanthanated with a 20% taper and a .020 flat is only $2.06 each (set of 25)
      and $1.09 to regrind it.
      you might look into it for your tung. need's

this is what they sent me the high polish is a lil more expensive but i dont see the need for high polish in my shop.

the chart shows size and cut for the tung. hope this helps. if you ask them they will send you 1 of each as a free sample. i looked at the high polish and although smoth as glass i dont see the need in my shop unless someone here can tell me why i need it. i think the high polish has a purpose just not shoure what it is

SALES REP
      Cindy McInnes

ITEM QTY. DIA. LENGTH TAPER TIP DIA MATERIAL FINISH ENDS PART # PRICE PER ELECTRODE
      1 ...... 25 3/32 7.00” 20° .020 1.5% Lanthanated STD-H 1 TL09-7000-020 $2.09

2. ...... 25 3/32 7.00” 20° .020 1.5% Lanthanated POL 1 TL09-7000-020-P $2.59

3 ...... 25 3/32 7.00” 35° .030 2% Lanthanated STD-H 1 TLA09-7000-030 $2.19

4 ...... 25 3/32 7.00” 35° .030 2% Lanthanated POL 1 TLA09-7000-030-P $2.69

5 ...... 25 3/32 5.00” Any Any Re-Grind STD-H 1 Issued Upon Order $1.09
      TOTAL
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Thanks, do you have contact info for diamond grind, web or telephone?

Comment

www.diamondground.com

Comment

contact info

website

http://www.diamondground.com/

Cindy McInnes
            Sales Representative
            Diamond Ground Products
            805-498-3837 Ext. 233
            805-498-9347 Fax
            [email protected]

there is a multitude of info on this board feel free to serch for anything it's probly here and if you cant find it dont be afrade to ask, it's a frendly helpfull place.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

you beat me to it

but look how much he typed LOL

must have started at same time LOL
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              JAMES

Comment

http://www.diamondground.com/
                Joe
                [email protected]

Comment

drscotch,

It seems that you been given excellent advice on tungsten and where to procure it. The folks at Diamond Ground are great and provide excellent products! I am currently working with their owner on a project that may benefit you and others on and off this forum if all works as planned. For now no news is good news...

The lanthanated tungsten sharpened to a point for DC welding and a slightly flatted sharpened point for AC welding is perfect for the Dynasty 200DX. The high polish is overkill as it is mostly used in automated applications such as orbital GTAW. It is also very difficult to reproduce when time comes to touch up the point. A 20 RA (slightly rough) finish is about as good a finish as can ground in a shop enviroment. The Diamond Ground tungsten alloys are prepared from the finest quality alloys on CNC machinery for the ultimate product.

It (high polished tip) can have its place in manual GTAW in certain applications. The D200DX has a strong HF generator and will start the high polish tungsten easily. If you like it better, then use it. I personally prefer the high polish finish for my work.

The 1.5% is fine for the D200DX as it will handle all the heat the machine can push out (3/32" tungsten at 200 amps easily). It also has an electrical conductivity nearly that of 2% thoriated tungten alloy for those seasoned TIGGERS switching to the inverter type power soruces.

Attached is a file containing a document I posted a while back discussing accessories for the Dynaty 200DX. It is a .zip file as .mht files are not directly accepted on this forum.. Just unzip and open. The hyperlinks should still work if the websites are up and running. If you have problems, email me at [email protected]
                  Attached Files

Comment

fun4now,

You might consider using the 3.5" double end grind tungsten. This way you can use a medium or small back cap with your torch (depending on model). It is a cleaner set up and lets you get into tighter areas than a full sized back cap for 7" tungsten electrodes.

Comment

Has anyone tried the tri mix tungsten from Diamond Ground?

Comment

DEA,

I have some tri-mix with a 35 degree taper and a .030" flat in the high polish on the way. I also have some more 2% lanthanated coming with it. I need to compare the 2 alloys so find out which better suits my needs. I can let you know in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by DEA
                          Has anyone tried the tri mix tungsten from Diamond Ground?
                          Or, for that matter, the ArcTime tungsten from, I think, WeldCraft?

Comment

I have not tried the arc time. I have tried several brands and have Diamond Ground to be the very best available at this time. There are some German manufactured brands that do rival it. In the future you will probably seea number of other manufactureres producing premium quality tungstens as well. That will be a short while yet.

Comment

This site is a great find. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Comment

Working...
                              X