Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coalsmoke
    replied
    JT makes a real good point, and I did as he said when I was first looking for coverage. I called everyone that advertised that they provided commercial coverage. I finally found a good company, with decent rates. They now have all my business, and I think that helps strengthen a business to business relationship. Also, like JT said, be very specific about the things you will not be doing. There's no point paying for coverage that you won't be using.

I have a question for you pipeliners, and maybe PM or email if you don't want to say on the open forum, do you cover insurance to cover oil-field / pipeline related accidents or mistakes or is that under a umbrella type coverage provided by the person overseeing the pipeline going in?

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    I'm not sure you're reading that right . . . He was just saying you need 100,000 or more level of liability insurance on the vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• 1Nonly
    replied
    OMG!! You have to have $100,000 cash + liability while liabilty runs a premium of $4200 - $20,000!? Please tell me thats a one year policy...please tell me.

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    For some reason I can't email you either, I will try through your website.

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    In my experience you will get better quotes if you include your business vehicle(s). And you don't want to do business out of a vehicle with a personal insurance policy on it. They will hang you out to dry in the event of a claim.
    Your e mail still won't work for me, if you e mail me I will send you some info back. I don't have any exclusions on my policy, but that's hard to find.

JTMcC.

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    It does not include the truck, it is $500,000 general liability and the only thing I know for sure that I can't weld is trailer hitches.

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    How much liability? And does that include your truck/contents? If so, that seems like a very good price to me.
    And what activities do the exclude you from doing? In my experience you have to ask because sometimes they won't make the exclusions plain up front.
    Most people start with 1 million liability, thats usually the minimum required to step on the jobsites we work on.
    $100,000 + liability on the truck seems to be about standard. Don't forget to include a list of tools/equipment in the truck insurance.

JTMcC.

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernie Viens
    I have been looking for insurance also, I found a few companys on the internet and am waiting for a reply from them.If I here anything that sounds good I will let you know.Where in Alaska are you located?I have a portable welding buisness in Eagle River and Anchorage area.Mostly Tig work but also stick and mig.
    Good Luck Ernie

I'm in Anchorage, the cheapest quote I've found is $4200.00.

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    replied
    Originally posted by JTMcC
    Call every independant insurance agent in the book.
    The insurance climate is pretty poor right now. I know people who have been in business for well over 10 years who are being dropped, or getting renewal quotes in the $20,000 range.
    You have to be clear with the company what work you do. Any mention of pressure piping, natural gas, road going vehicles, ect, ect, gets you either no quote or a very high premium.
    I don't put my insurance information on the internet, and you have your e mail address blocked, otherwise I would give you the name of my carrier.

JTMcC.
    My Email should work now. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ernie Viens
    replied
    Insurance

I have been looking for insurance also, I found a few companys on the internet and am waiting for a reply from them.If I here anything that sounds good I will let you know.Where in Alaska are you located?I have a portable welding buisness in Eagle River and Anchorage area.Mostly Tig work but also stick and mig.
    Good Luck Ernie

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    Call every independant insurance agent in the book.
    The insurance climate is pretty poor right now. I know people who have been in business for well over 10 years who are being dropped, or getting renewal quotes in the $20,000 range.
    You have to be clear with the company what work you do. Any mention of pressure piping, natural gas, road going vehicles, ect, ect, gets you either no quote or a very high premium.
    I don't put my insurance information on the internet, and you have your e mail address blocked, otherwise I would give you the name of my carrier.

JTMcC.

Leave a comment:

• arcalaska
    started a topic Mobile welding liabilty insurance

Mobile welding liabilty insurance

Can some of you tell me who you use or have used for mobile welding general liability insurance? Having trouble finding a carrier. Thanks
Working...
X