Mobile welding liabilty insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile welding liabilty insurance

Can some of you tell me who you use or have used for mobile welding general liability insurance? Having trouble finding a carrier. Thanks
    http://groups.msn.com/ArcAlaskaWelding
    Dynasty 200DX
    mm350P,Trailblazer 301g
    Spoolmatic 30A
    R115, XR30A, SP32
    TD cutmaster 38 plaz
    PowCon 300sm w/feeder
    Lincoln Hi-Freq
    '05 Topkick Crew 4x4 Duramax Edge Juice w/Att 12' bed

Call every independant insurance agent in the book.
    The insurance climate is pretty poor right now. I know people who have been in business for well over 10 years who are being dropped, or getting renewal quotes in the $20,000 range.
    You have to be clear with the company what work you do. Any mention of pressure piping, natural gas, road going vehicles, ect, ect, gets you either no quote or a very high premium.
    I don't put my insurance information on the internet, and you have your e mail address blocked, otherwise I would give you the name of my carrier.

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Insurance

I have been looking for insurance also, I found a few companys on the internet and am waiting for a reply from them.If I here anything that sounds good I will let you know.Where in Alaska are you located?I have a portable welding buisness in Eagle River and Anchorage area.Mostly Tig work but also stick and mig.
      Good Luck Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by JTMcC
        Call every independant insurance agent in the book.
        The insurance climate is pretty poor right now. I know people who have been in business for well over 10 years who are being dropped, or getting renewal quotes in the $20,000 range.
        You have to be clear with the company what work you do. Any mention of pressure piping, natural gas, road going vehicles, ect, ect, gets you either no quote or a very high premium.
        I don't put my insurance information on the internet, and you have your e mail address blocked, otherwise I would give you the name of my carrier.

JTMcC.
        My Email should work now. Thanks
        Dynasty 200DX
        mm350P,Trailblazer 301g
        Spoolmatic 30A
        R115, XR30A, SP32
        TD cutmaster 38 plaz
        PowCon 300sm w/feeder
        Lincoln Hi-Freq

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie Viens
          I have been looking for insurance also, I found a few companys on the internet and am waiting for a reply from them.If I here anything that sounds good I will let you know.Where in Alaska are you located?I have a portable welding buisness in Eagle River and Anchorage area.Mostly Tig work but also stick and mig.
          Good Luck Ernie

I'm in Anchorage, the cheapest quote I've found is $4200.00.
          Dynasty 200DX
          mm350P,Trailblazer 301g
          Spoolmatic 30A
          R115, XR30A, SP32
          TD cutmaster 38 plaz
          PowCon 300sm w/feeder
          Lincoln Hi-Freq

Comment

How much liability? And does that include your truck/contents? If so, that seems like a very good price to me.
            And what activities do the exclude you from doing? In my experience you have to ask because sometimes they won't make the exclusions plain up front.
            Most people start with 1 million liability, thats usually the minimum required to step on the jobsites we work on.
            $100,000 + liability on the truck seems to be about standard. Don't forget to include a list of tools/equipment in the truck insurance.

JTMcC.

Comment

It does not include the truck, it is $500,000 general liability and the only thing I know for sure that I can't weld is trailer hitches.
              Dynasty 200DX
              mm350P,Trailblazer 301g
              Spoolmatic 30A
              R115, XR30A, SP32
              TD cutmaster 38 plaz
              PowCon 300sm w/feeder
              Lincoln Hi-Freq

Comment

In my experience you will get better quotes if you include your business vehicle(s). And you don't want to do business out of a vehicle with a personal insurance policy on it. They will hang you out to dry in the event of a claim.
                Your e mail still won't work for me, if you e mail me I will send you some info back. I don't have any exclusions on my policy, but that's hard to find.

JTMcC.

Comment

For some reason I can't email you either, I will try through your website.
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  mm350P,Trailblazer 301g
                  Spoolmatic 30A
                  R115, XR30A, SP32
                  TD cutmaster 38 plaz
                  PowCon 300sm w/feeder
                  Lincoln Hi-Freq

Comment

OMG!! You have to have $100,000 cash + liability while liabilty runs a premium of $4200 - $20,000!? Please tell me thats a one year policy...please tell me.

Comment

I'm not sure you're reading that right . . . He was just saying you need 100,000 or more level of liability insurance on the vehicle.

Comment

JT makes a real good point, and I did as he said when I was first looking for coverage. I called everyone that advertised that they provided commercial coverage. I finally found a good company, with decent rates. They now have all my business, and I think that helps strengthen a business to business relationship. Also, like JT said, be very specific about the things you will not be doing. There's no point paying for coverage that you won't be using.

I have a question for you pipeliners, and maybe PM or email if you don't want to say on the open forum, do you cover insurance to cover oil-field / pipeline related accidents or mistakes or is that under a umbrella type coverage provided by the person overseeing the pipeline going in?
                        hre

Comment

Working...
                        X