Welding Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy:
    All you need is the Waa-Waa pedal to make it sound right, darn it now I've got that stuck in my head, its going to be there for a week.

Peace,

Comment

"Is there anybody out There?"

Gotta Love The Floyd
      What goes together better than space rock and TIG?
      Keep the ear plugs in tunes cranked!

Comment

Canuck:
        Bowie- A space oddity, ground control to major tom! Well you said space rock!
        Peace,

Comment

When I hear a song I LOVE to play come on the stereo, the tig torch goes down, and the ESP 5string bass comes out into the shop. Or the air-bass guitar, whichever is handier.
          -Tanner

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck
            "Is there anybody out There?"

Gotta Love The Floyd
            What goes together better than space rock and TIG?
            Keep the ear plugs in tunes cranked!

Out of all the comments - this is the one I most agree with - as Floyd is my FAV band of all time. My son is named after David Gilmour!
            Brad

Millermatic 210
            Lincoln AC-250
            Custom Harley FXR Pro-Street

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner
              When I hear a song I LOVE to play come on the stereo, the tig torch goes down, and the ESP 5string bass comes out into the shop. Or the air-bass guitar, whichever is handier.
              Ok this is a little off topic (welding) but here goes:

My other toys besides welding:

Gibson Les Paul
              Fender Stratocaster
              Dan Electro
              Ibanez 4-string bass
              Pro Tools Equiped Recording Studio
              Brad

Millermatic 210
              Lincoln AC-250
              Custom Harley FXR Pro-Street

Comment

Wow that is cool!

My diversity is Printing, Crew for a racing team, Photograpghy, Classic cars, 4 wd trucks, movies and music.

Peace,

Comment

Jazz, rhythm & blues from the 50's mostly, but I also like the eagles, CCR, ZZ Top, etc.....and sometimes just the welding noise is enough to keep me happy
                  Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                  Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                  Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                  Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Leons2003,

I think you and I should start a movement to ban that Trading Spaces travesty from TV. I've never seen people trash decent living quarters like that and get away with calling it entertainment! I probably wouldn't care so much, except the wife is into the thing, and watches the re-runs endlessly. It's scary to me how much crap they air-nail or staple to the drywall!

Hank
                    ...from the Gadget Garage
                    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                    Handler 210 w/DP3035
                    TA185TSW
                    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Originally posted by Blown S-10
                      80's hair bands = Heavy Metal, for me. old AC/DC, Poison, Motley Crue, Scorions, Dio, Ozzy, Triumph, & sooooo many others of that ilk. also Hard Rock & country rock, Allman Bro's, Zepplin, Who, Black Sabbath, Skynard, etc. some clasic rock. then there is the new stuff, Nickle back, Velvet Revolver, Tool, Metalica, etc . i mostly just put the radio on, and weld while they play the tunes i don't much care for, or heard a million times, = most of the time. but when a KICK A$$ tune comes on, torch goes down and volume goes up .
                      If you can give yourself a concussion by nodding to it, then it's the right stuff.
                      Joe
                      [email protected]

Comment

I was always told that if it doesn't make your ears bleed, then it ain't worth listening to.

FWIW, I always wished I had a radio on my skid steer. The thing has a good sized Cummins right behind me. So, without an enclosed cab, I couldn't hear it any way. One day at Home Depot, I saw the A/O Safety Work Tunes. Noise protection and tunes all rolled up into one package. $50 I gave them a whirl. They do work well with the noise. The radio can't get loud enough to prevent you from hearing important things around you, but loud enough that I don't have to listen to my ears ring. I use them all the time. They worked great with my big concrete saw too. That thing will wake the dead. The only drawback so far is the ear muffs are vinyl and get very hot in the summer. Other than that, they were a good purchase.
                        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                        '06 12RC feeder
                        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                        Esab Multimaster 260
                        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by hankj
                          Leons2003,

I think you and I should start a movement to ban that Trading Spaces travesty from TV. I've never seen people trash decent living quarters like that and get away with calling it entertainment! I probably wouldn't care so much, except the wife is into the thing, and watches the re-runs endlessly. It's scary to me how much crap they air-nail or staple to the drywall!

Hank

LMAO, Isn't it the truth, I guess not a bad trade-off since I generally have racing, hunting or music on the set in the garage, or B-room.
                          She comes through and changes to that garbage ch., currently it is on all three sets at this time, not to worry, she is heading out shortly, LOL. I certainly would not want to upset Mrs.Squarehead.
                          BTW, Alex You remember what ZZTop's original name was?
                          Course this was earlier in your YOUNG life.
                          Good day all,
                          L*S

Comment

David Gilmour is the master and the most underrated guitarist around.
                            And I do think David Bowie is pretty spacey but just can't compare to Pink Floyd.

Comment

any thing rap
                              to weld or not to weld that is the question

Comment

another name for ZZ Top?

Leon,
                                I've been listenin' to those boys since the 60s, since Rio Grande Mud, but at that time I was livin' in California. I've never known them by any other name.

But, I forgot some others that deserve mention as excellent welding music, like George Thorogood and Ted Nugent.
                                Be cool,
                                Alex

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
                                SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Comment

Working...
                                X