No announcement yet.

Welding Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PJ, Blown and Tanner would be at home in my shop, ....at the least the tunes would be familiar. I always have the radio on. I need background noise to concentrate. The unfortunate result of shooting two boxes (almost 300 rounds) of shells without ear protection. My ears have been ringing ever since. I was young and stupid and have been paying for it ever since.

PJ
    I'm only a year older than you are. We think on a similar vein, it seems. The older stuff is getting better all the time. That's not to say the newer stuff is garbage, just not quite at the same level in some cases,..... maybe most cases.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Welding Music

I too am into Jazz - but am pleasantly surprised that so many of oyu out there are too into Jazz.

Ahhhh..... the power of (Welding) music: Getting to know one-another a little better and bringing us all together!

Rock On everyone....
      Brad

Millermatic 210
      Lincoln AC-250
      Custom Harley FXR Pro-Street

Comment

Classic rock, jazz, blues,(SRV ) are all great> I listen to classical all day. (not necessarily by choice). But for really going with the beat, BLUEGRASS baby

Steve

Comment

Danzig, Slipknot, Korn, ICP, and the Cure
          -Rootpass

Sync 250DX
          MM251

Comment

For me it all depends on who's around, if i'm by myself it's classic rock, and 80's rock and some heavy metal. If my pop's is around the shop then i have to listen to 50's and 60's music, you know there's nothing like listening to sitting on the dock of the bay, while your welding. j/k, nothing against my fathers music, i just can't weld to it.

BC
            BC

Dynasty 200DX
            Coolmate 3
            MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
            Cutmaster 101
            LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Comment

while i love pink floyd its not good for me to weld to unless i put SPARK ARRESTORS IN............due to FLASHBACKS

dawg

Comment

I posted a spoof-video on American Chopper - and I put the "heavy metal" loop that usually is on that show. But my video is only 40-seconds. I'm in the process of making a 5 minute or so video with tons of great music while I'm welding. I'm really going to be creating the scenes "around" the different types of music I envision. See my post on Trailer Pictures to view the video.

It's SO great how music is SO important to us welders...

Who knew !!
                Brad

Millermatic 210
                Lincoln AC-250

Comment

harry potter books

i spend most of the time in the shop listning to the harry potter books on cd.

it keeps the thinking part of my brain buisy wile the creative part takes care of my hands. and befor i know it a cuple Hr's have gone by. it kinda lets me zone out and just work withought thinking.
                  so far it has worked well for me.

befor you ask i'm 39years old as of the 12 of nov.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

Happy Bday James, I faintly remember 39, twas the yr. I broke my leg woods riding enduro trails, Ouch!!LOL
                    As far as music, I have cable in the garage(my domain, that is till my bride comes out and changes the chanel to that stupid"Trading Spaces") which I generally listen to almost all that is available, well almost but no head banger, I have enough trouble tiggin w/out that in my ear,LMAO
                    ON the video Brad, brang it on, enjoyed you previous.
                    Good day All,
                    L*S

Comment

Welding Music

Pink Floyd, Metallica, AC/DC and I am set... especially if I had a bad day at the regular job....

Chris
                      Chris
                      87' Mustang GT - Blown 306 Road Racer
                      Millermatic 210
                      Spectrum 375
                      [email protected]
                      www.ckvalentidesigns.com

Comment

Its very interesting to hear what people are into when they weld. Personaly I'm either listening to classic rock or early post rave electronic, but only for the first half of the day...

I've found that ear and mental fatigue really start to add up after a couple hours in the shop. With all the grinding and chopping, the compressor switching on and off, and the plasma and TIG(which is VERY loud) always in the back ground, I start to look forward to a few minutes of silence. I feel that all the noise increases my stress and body tention. Sometimes I wear ear muffs all day but it doesn't help that much. Any body else feel this way?(Go ahead and tell me I'm a sissy, I can take it)

I should mention that years of DJing and gun play have left me with chronic ringing in my right ear.

Comment

Made loud to be played loud

51 years young. ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Zeppelin (anything but Stairway to Heaven), Johnny Winter (Progressive Blues Experiment), David Bowie, Jethro Tull, Van Halen, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Huey Lewis, Leo Kottke, Stones, Pat Benetar, Mozart, Dvorzak, Bach, Cole Porter, Muddy Waters, etc., etc. Basically anything but Rap or HipHop.
                          Be cool,
                          Alex

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
                          SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Comment

Classic Rock for me...although I have been known to cross music lines quite often!!

Do you Feel...........like I doooo.......

a-

Comment

wendell

Sometimes I wear ear muffs all day but it doesn't help that much. Any body else feel this way?(Go ahead and tell me I'm a sissy, I can take it)

i dont think you a sissy. i where ear plugs from the minit i enter the shop till i leave it. i turn the stereo up to the point that i can here the story teller as if he were speeking normaly through the ear plugs. all you need to do is here the compresser start 1 time to remind you to put in the plugs. a metal shop (even a home 1 ) is way too loude to go without ear plugs.
                              i would think most here turn up there music to be able to here it through the ear plugs.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                              JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
                                Classic Rock for me...although I have been known to cross music lines quite often!!

Do you Feel...........like I doooo.......

a-

Andy - that's great!!! I love Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive is what I remember hearing when my father would weld with his stick welder. Brings back the memories - and makes me want to be like him more and more... I think from the replies, Classic Rock and a close second (Heavy Metal).
                                Brad

Millermatic 210
                                Lincoln AC-250

Comment

Working...
                                X