Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df5152
    replied
    most primers are porous and will allow water through.

Leave a comment:

• Terence638
    replied
    They use this Spray on alot of pipoe fabrication that is being sent to my prodject from out of state .Since they are sending the pipe prefab the endes are beveld then spayed. We have yet to weld over this material; as we are grinding the ends for QC/QA. Though they have also sent out some steel plate with the same sray and my welder have not complained about any adverse welding changes when they weld to it.But as always pay close attention to the warning labels
    Terence

Leave a comment:

• Leons2003
    replied
    If you read the MSDS sheet, has Benzen which is CARCINOGENIC. Some of the troops at autobody used it mostly on lapwelds of floor panels in an effort to eliminate future rust, but I use buttweld so as not to worry about the rust or the threat of the vapors from the weld. I think Hank has the best idea w/WD40, but is going to be a hellofajob to clean up before you paint. The only other option is to primer,after cleaning, w/PPG DP40LF(or your choice of color) in the places you are finished or semi-finished, take care w/this product as well, even though it is LEAD FREE you need to read the MSDS sheet. Being a two part epoxy, 50:50, at times we mix a small portion in a fruit jar and brush on small areas, place the remaider in the frig(not one that contains food stuffs) to save, this stuff sets pretty quick, then at completion you could clean up and top coat . Check w/your local auto paint store.
    Good luck
    L*S

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    I think I'd just buy a bulk can of WD-40, pour it into a 1-gallon garden sprayer, and give it a coat. When you want to weld, clean the weld area with acetone and go for it??

Hank

Leave a comment:

• bigwelder
    replied
    try it if it works then u found your cure to outside projects rusting if not you found something to warn the forum members about

Leave a comment:

• Justin00Stang
    replied
    Should be fixed now.

It runs $15-20 per 16oz can, I may have to consider other options. I may just leave it be, when its all finished I could use some sandpaper and rust remover, then primer it.

Leave a comment:

• Mike W
    replied
    I haven't tried it but I got this on your link "You have requested data that the server has decided not to provide to you. Your request was understood and denied." I thought that was funny.

Leave a comment:

• Justin00Stang
    started a topic 3M Weld-Thru Coating ??

3M Weld-Thru Coating ??

Anyone tried it? does it work well? smoke alot when welding?

I am building a trailer outside (don't have room inside), just covering it with tarps will not keep the surface rust away.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html
Working...
X