Third Party Torches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Party Torches

I bought a Diamondback torch when I got my welder and have been using it since. Obviously, it's great. I also have a backup WeldCraft torch. But recently I saw a weldor using a really cool looking adjustable head torch with a yellow body so I looked into other torches on the market.

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with WeldTec torches (not WeldCraft) or the Heliarc torches from ESAB?

WeldTec makes the iHead series which features interchangeable heads, including a pencil head and a roto head. Anyone ever use one?

i have a weldtec torch(not the fancy pants one) and have absolutely no complaints.
    Trailblazer 302g
    coolmate4
    hf-251d-1
    super s-32p
    you can never know enough

Comment

WeldTec seems to have a pretty good reputation.

Comment

this one
        http://www.weldtec.com/main_web/webpages/ihead.htm
        Is neat looking wonder what the $$$ is?

Comment

DEA, that is the torch series I saw. I can't find anyone who carries them though! If anyone knows of a online supplier who carries the Tech Torch iHead series please post the URL...

Comment

aphexafx, DEA, KLSM54, and DYN88,

These are nice torches. I considered buying a 275 amp unit with interchangeable head about 8 months ago. I backed up after talking with the a factory rep. He explained to me these are great torches, but the interchangeable head models are not designed to take the excessive heat from aluminum welding applications and will melt down after a period of time. The reason is the water does not actually circulate through the head as it does in a fixed head unit. He also said these units were fantastic for DC as the arc's reflective heat was minimal on steel and stainless as compared to aluminum. Keep in mind this was only on the interchangeable head models.

I am looking for a new fixed (non -interchangeable) flex head in a 350 amp model. I was not aware of the demo offer, but will check into it tomorrow!

Comment

good torch value

personaly io use a wp 20 type water cooled torch from zap plasmatherm with my syncrowave 250. it has a round ribbed shape and it takes the smaller components(cups, colletts, etc.). the price is roughly 80.00 for the torch with 12.5 ft cables. its shape isnt as confortable as say a diamond back or weldcraft crafter series.cbut it is a good value for a decent torch at a good price. i recently bought a coolmate 3 and 250 diamond back torch but, i have a plasmatherm as a backup. you can find these torches at www.zapplasmatherm.com. good day eh?

Comment

good torch value

personaly io use a wp 20 type water cooled torch from zap plasmatherm with my syncrowave 250 at work. it has a round ribbed shape and it takes the smaller components(cups, colletts, etc.). the price is roughly 80.00 for the torch with 12.5 ft cables. its shape isnt as confortable as say a diamond back or weldcraft crafter series.cbut it is a good value for a decent torch at a good price. i recently bought a coolmate 3 and 250 diamond back torch but, i have a plasmatherm as a backup. you can find these torches at www.zapplasmatherm.com. good day eh?

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

HAWK, I was seriously wondering how they managed to get a conductor (easy) and three sealed conduits (hard) through the detachable portion of the removable heads for the water cooled models. I guess the answer is they didn't! That explains a lot, thanks for the bit of info.

Comment

aphexafx,

As far as I know no brand has a true water cooled removeable head. I know Andy uses the SR225 weldcraft removeable head torch and does not have any melt down problems. However, I don't think he is pushing 275 amps like the TEC torch is rated either.

Comment

I love my weld tec torches.

I own the wt-20f {flex head** and the wt-24w and use them almost on a daily basis. I put them thru **** {thru cylinder head ports at high amps** and they have never given me a problem at all. The flex head has been great on some real weird welding angles. I also use a weldcraft mt-125 for the real tight areas {port floors, valve throat area's**. I don't think you could go wrong with either a tec torch or a weldcraft in my opinion.
                      Mike. R

Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125**
                      MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
                      Miller portable spot welder
                      Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

Comment

Just to pile on, I've got a 25ft 20 series from weldtec and its real nice. handle has a nice heavy knurling that is real comfortable. Fittings to the torch head look to be high quality as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X