Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al. job

Hey Folks,
    Have a welding job coming in on an Al. snowmobile trailer, not really a big deal as I weld Al. with both TIG and Mig. This question arises as I usually have no idea what type Al. I am welding,use 5356 wire on both types, but the client showed me the material he purchased and it is labeled 6061. Am I going to be able to get a good weld on 6061 with my 5356 wires?? I have no clue as to the type of material that was used on the original structure. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!
    Mike
    MACH4
    p.s. Thinking of getting rid of Lin. Squarewave 175 and getting a Dynasty 200 DX please tell me why the D200Dx is a better choice.End of year coming up,need to keep the bookkeeper happy!!

well 4043 is the recomended filler for 6061. And the dynasty has advanced squarewave technology
    Trailblazer 302g
    coolmate4
    hf-251d-1
    super s-32p
    you can never know enough

Comment

bookkeepper happy

just tell the keeper the power bill will drop to offset the investment.

as for better it has a multitude of advantages over the lin. more power, better ark controle, more versital
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Mach4:
        4043 is my choice filler it is a bit softer but it flows soooo nice and the color match is awesome, That said 5356 will work and feeds better, but the color will be different than the 6061. 6061 is the material I've been welding the last few weeks and using .035 or .030 - 4043 in the spoolgun flows great looks great.

Peace,

Comment

The best way to find out which filler metals go with what base metal is to get any welding book and read through it, i know in all the books that i've read and seen in all my customers shops they always have a section that is for filler metals and what base metal to use them with. As for the lin 175 over the dynasty, with the lin 175 you don't have pulsed tig, you cant really fine tune your machine like the dynasty 200dx, I have the 200dx and i love it to death, i could use the 300 sometimes but i manage with the 200. There's so much you can do with it that you have to try it to realize how much better it is then the 175. I mean who can beat doing s/s with no bluing using the pulse function. I'd get your supplier to set up a demo if they have one in stock, i know my company keeps at least 1 dynasty 200 and 1 300 in stock at all times in one of our locations, and to be honest with you, we haven't kept one longer then 2 months.

BC
          BC

Dynasty 200DX
          Coolmate 3
          MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
          Cutmaster 101
          LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Comment

Working...
          X