thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you

thanks for all the great advice. I bought the dynasty as a used demo unit and it did not have a manual. do you use the same gas flow as usual such as 20-25 cfh? this welder is alot different and the arc is giving fits but with good advice im sure i will get it down.

You can download the manual from the Miller web site. Good luck
    Laurence

Comment

try 15psi/scfh. my arc was giving me fits last night. i tried out HAWKS 20deg with a .025"ish flat. it worked terrible, arc was dancing all over the place. and the tip was balling up. i went back to my 2 1/2x taper and a .050"ish flat, and that helped a lot. tiggin aluminum is an art, and i am far from an artist.

Comment

mail you 1

miller will mail you a manual for $15.00 just give them your ser.# so you get the manual for your modle.

1.5% or 2% lanthanated tungsten is best for the dynasty

NEVER NEVER USE PURE TUNGSTEN OR BALL IT !!! SEREUSLY BAD WITH THIS WELDER

HAPPY WELDING
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

I hope he caught the drift on the correct tungusten to use LOL

Comment

me too

i know i would hate to have my new $3,000.00 welder go to sh-t over somthing lil like the rong tungsten. it would realy tick me off , especialy if i got a demo and they didnt tell me.

stupid generator its making my comp run slow.

see i get bent too easily. i should be happy im 1 of the few in my area that can even get on the net LOL but no i gota be upset it takes too long.

hummmm i should realy work on that
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

A 200 dx demo unit, you lucky dawg, how much did you pay?

Anybody have a used 200dx their looking to unload before they upgrade to a 300 ?!

I'm still donating blood to get their, but keep me in mind

Comment

I love my dynasty 200dx, and i use 2% lanth and ceriated, depending on what job i'm doing. I'm glad you made the choice for the 200, you won't be dissappointed, it just takes some getting use to it. I'd ask your supplier if there's anyway they can get someone to show you how to properly use it. I know with all of my Miller tig welders i sell, i spend at least 2 hours with the customer showing them how to use it properly. I don't know about other suppliers but it's worth a shot. teeps Demo'd 200dx's are tough to find, i'd keep looking on this site and see if anyone is upgrading.

BC
                BC

Dynasty 200DX
                Coolmate 3
                MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
                Cutmaster 101
                LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Comment

price

i paid 1800 dollars with hte contractor kit. i checked the arc/time counter when purcahsed and it had benn used for under 1 hour and only 76 arcs.it was a steal and if i hadnt came acroos the dx, a 180 was in my future.

Comment

thats a great deal, lucky you.

how do you check that arc/time counter ?

Comment

I'm GREEEN!!!!! JEALOUS!!!!
                      Helluva Deal!!!!!

Comment

checking counters

before turning on machine, press output and the main peak buttons and hold them and turn on machine. first four numbers are hours, last two are minutes, then the mumbers will change and give you the number of arcs up to 999999. hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X