Millermatic 251 Fan-on-Demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 251 Fan-on-Demand

I have a new 251 and have used nearly a pound of 4043 in a 15A. Welding 1/8-inch plate 10 inches at a time and letting the workpiece cool a bit before the next weld, the fan has yet to come on. Should I be concerned? Should the fan come on when the 251 is first powered up? Is there anyway I can check the fan without baking the circuits?
    Thanks, Pacwa

The fan will only cycle when the unit heats up and requires additional air circulated over the electrial components. You are using the machine nowhere near its rated duty cycle.. Weld all day long and probable never see the fan needed. Now run that baby at 200 amps & that fan will be there in a couple of minutes.. Very good design so you don't excessively dust the insides from shop funk.

Comment

I have only heard the fan a few times, I actually called Miller when I first
      had the machine and asked the same questions as you. I cant remember the
      exact answer, but it takes quite abit to kick in the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacwa
        I have a new 251 and have used nearly a pound of 4043 in a 15A. Welding 1/8-inch plate 10 inches at a time and letting the workpiece cool a bit before the next weld, the fan has yet to come on. Should I be concerned? Should the fan come on when the 251 is first powered up? Is there anyway I can check the fan without baking the circuits?
        Thanks, Pacwa
        When I first got mine I also was wondering when the fan would come but it finally did and it is nice not to hear it on constantly. Like Iramberson said it keeps a lot of the dust out. You might be in a cooler part of the country too this time of year.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answers to my question!!!

Comment

Working...
          X