Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand Tool Question's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hand Tool Question's

    Anyone make Welder's Mig Pliers in the USA?

    Like the "Welper" look like all are imports

    What make and model cable cutter{to cut 1/0, 2/0/3/0 cable] do You use or like?

    Thank You

    Joseph
    "Equipment Should Never be an Excuse for Poor Performance. If You are Going to be a Professional, You Get the Correct Equipment, then the Only Excuse is Your Ability to Perform." ™

  • #2
    a good set of KLIEN plyers....or visegrips.....i have a set of huskey pliers that have two heads (pretty nifty) but i DOUBT that they are made in the U.S.A.

    leathermans are also good for cutting mig wire.......

    dawg

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Joseph
      Anyone make Welder's Mig Pliers in the USA?

      Like the "Welper" look like all are imports

      What make and model cable cutter{to cut 1/0, 2/0/3/0 cable] do You use or like?

      Thank You

      Joseph
      I use a small pair of diagonal cutters for mig wire and an Oakey 1/2" copper tubing brush to clean out the nozzle. Almost any good make cable cutter will work on welding cable; I have used Kleins and I have a pair of Matco cable cutters in my tool box.

      Comment


      • #4
        Joseph,

        Sears now handles a good selection of Klein tools. I like their cable cutters. The small cutters (forget model-about 10" handles with "C"blades) do well up to 2/0. As mentioned the diagonals are great for MIG wire. Thumbs up to COPE for the copper tubing brush!!! Great idea!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cope
          I use a small pair of diagonal cutters for mig wire and an Oakey 1/2" copper tubing brush to clean out the nozzle. Almost any good make cable cutter will work on welding cable; I have used Kleins and I have a pair of Matco cable cutters in my tool box.

          Come on Alan,
          Dan would be pissed if he heard the one about the cleaning brush.The reason you ask? He does not generate any spatter when using his 210.

          Here are my ****s (better be careful using those terms in my
          neighborhood) :eek

          I use these, when I lose my burned up old ones. Which seems like more often every day.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scott V
            Come on Alan,
            Dan would be pissed if he heard the one about the cleaning brush.The reason you ask? He does not generate any spatter when using his 210.

            Here are my ****s (better be careful using those terms in my
            neighborhood) :eek

            I use these, when I lose my burned up old ones. Which seems like more often every day.
            Scott, are those Knipex? That's the brand I use except a different model.

            Sounds like you need a different neighborhood; maybe some rural property?

            Dan probably has a helper at work to keep his nozzle clean. That didn't sound too good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Alan,
              I have no idea what brand they are. No name on them?

              I think this area will be rural enough,but she needs to build my, 0pps her
              shop!! I don't mind my area all that much, because everybody is in thier own world. That means I slip under the radar pretty well.

              I did pick up a AEAD LE for when the electric goes out. I like that unit and it seems to weld pretty decent too. I just made my Miller to dinse andapters yesterday. Check out the Tweeco female ones. Those are a great deal in dinse's

              Seems like they were under $20.00 dollars for two females and two males in a kit.

              photos for both areas. Mine is not the best picture but you get the idea.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                I use Greenlee cable cutters. I've got a small pair, wth the "C" jaws, and a big set of ratchet cutters left from the "working stiff" days that don't get much use any more. I don't see much 750MCM nowadays!

                Hank
                ...from the Gadget Garage
                Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                Handler 210 w/DP3035
                TA185TSW
                Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

                Comment


                • #9
                  craftsman makes some good mini wire cutters and end nippers that i use for .30 solid wire at work plus they carry the lifetime garauntee
                  to weld or not to weld that is the question

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I use a pair of welpers from Radnor I think they are from south of the border, not over seas, what difference it makes is little but any way for $10 they work.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X