No announcement yet.

Bobus Catus Rebuildus ( Bobcat Rebuild)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Machine Looks Great. I Guess I Missed An Earlier Thread. How Did You Come Upon This Machine?

Comment

DON,

Excellent job. You da Miller Man. It's like total night and day! I'm sending al my junk your way

A-

Comment

Originally posted by aphexafx
        DDA52,

My God, it looks brand new! When I first saw the thing in your original pictures I though, "Heh. Good luck..." I've wholly eaten my thoughts. That's brilliant. Good job!

P.S.> How did you restore the unit's face? In the original it looks completely weathered and washed out. Cheers!
        Thanks. It came out way better than I had hoped for. The new engine made some of the diff. The old one wouldn't have cleaned up near as well. The face plate was replaced as a unit. All I had to do is give Miller my serial # and they had one in stock. Probably one of the last ones, too. If they hadn't had one, I planned on painting the face and having decals made. Replacing the face plate was WAY easier and better! The newer ones have a UV resistant paint that came out after mine was made. Figures.....
        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
        '06 12RC feeder
        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
        Esab Multimaster 260
        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Aitken
          Your Machine Looks Great. I Guess I Missed An Earlier Thread. How Did You Come Upon This Machine?
          Thanks. I didn't happen onto it, I bought it NEW in '88. It was my main machine until '98 when it locked up. Thought it was the engine, turned out to just be the starter. Sadly, a $150 fix got misdiagnosed as a major rebuild. I shelved the machine until this Feb. I just figured I would rebuild or scrap it. It sat outside uncovered for all this time. Didn't figure it would hurt since the engine was supposedly locked up. Boy was I wrong. Had a few choice words for myself when I saw the starter locked! The weather killed the engine completely...almost. It could gave been rebuilt. It would have run about 4-600 more than a new engine would have cost, which was still too much.. I haven't figured it up yet, but I think I put about $1400 in it. I ran into some unexpected costs. ( UPS destroyed the new starter by dropping the new engine and the rebuild cost about $200 more than they quoted. So, I am about $450 over budget. )
          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
          '06 12RC feeder
          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
          Esab Multimaster 260
          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
            DON,

Excellent job. You da Miller Man. It's like total night and day! I'm sending al my junk your way

A-
            Thanks Andy. Funny that you should say that... I had a lot of fun doing this. I have been toying with the idea of finding another one. The wifley unit ain't too thrilled about that one. Time will tell.
            Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
            '06 12RC feeder
            Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
            Esab Multimaster 260
            Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Nice job DDA52!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike W
                Nice job DDA52!