Tig Machine Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig Machine Part 2

You guys really know your welding machines. Are those thermal arc power supplies worth the money or will I be disappointed. I really want to own my own machine. THANKS for your time and your help with this .

Thermal Arc is a name you can count on. IMO

Comment

I have never been happy with the Thermal Arc products and have owned and demo several. This was a time when their warranty was not too good and they had manufacturing problems. However, times have changed and they have improved. The TA185 is a decent machine. I still don't think their equipment is up to Miller standards. That is my 2 cents.

Comment

[QUOTE=HAWK]I have never been happy with the Thermal Arc products and have owned and demo several. This was a time when their warranty was not too good and they had manufacturing problems. However, times have changed and they have improved. The TA185 is a decent machine. I still don't think their equipment is up to Miller standards. That is my 2 cents.[/QUOTE

My personal view is some of them do and some don't

That's is from owning or using the current stuff.
        I love this unit and so do lots of Aluminum fab shops out here. They have Miller Dynastys and Thermal inverters like this. I do think the 200 is the machine to get if you have a extra $1000.00 laying around.Plus you need to things the Dynasty will do that the Thermal will not.
        Attached Files

Comment

I used the thermal arc machine for approxamately 3 weeks while i was trying to decide between that or the miller 200dx it would have been a nice machine if i never used the miller the arc quality of the miller is much nicer. i finally decide on the 300dx.
          Lincoln SP170T
          ESAB 875 Plasma
          Smith oxy set
          Dynasty 200DX
          pulsed mig is next...

Long Island Cummins Ram Owners Club

Comment

Working...
          X