Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annodized Aluminum

Andy,
    I am still having trouble getting the annodized aluminum to finish with a rolled coin bead for finnshed product and a few complaints from customers are somewhat embarrising.
    I weld with a Syncrowave 250DX 3/332 tungsten 3/32 wire(4043) and about 20CFM argon. Pure tungsten is the choice of mine.
    I have the heat set at about 155 amps to 160 amps and the control setting at mid range.
    I think my biggest problem is cleanliness so i am wondering should I clean the blunt side of the joint, meaning the side that is not coped, somehow?
    and also with this machine I need to extent the lead in order to be able to work on top of the bout that im working on so the fitting of the top is absolutly custom every time.
    Is there some kind of instructional video out there specifically for annodized aluminum welding form set up to completion?
    Thanks
    Terence
    Is there a mig machine that can weld throiugh the annodized AL?

I know that people who use the dynastys have no problem getting through the anodize. Try moving your balance to full clean
    Trailblazer 302g
    coolmate4
    hf-251d-1
    super s-32p
    you can never know enough

Comment

i would like to see some pics of your work.

Comment

I dont have any pics just yet but will have trhme within a day or so evan if I do some stuff just for the pics youll get an idea. what is the 3m pads i always hear about and how do you use them? ie... drill, side-grinder, sander?

Comment

Too much gas...turn it down to 15
          Arcin' and Sparkin', Rocky D

"Experience is the name we give our mistakes"

Comment

Terence638

what is the 3m pads i always hear about and how do you use them? ie... drill, side-grinder, sander?
            most use the lil 2" round type that go on a die grinder or air type grinder.ask at your welding place they are prity cheap and you can use them with a drill if you dont have a grinder.they work realy good, gives you a nice clean work surface.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

higher frequancy

high freq. is the trick for anidized i beleive you may just have to tale it down to bear alum. i know HAWK has experiance with this hopfuly he will clue you in. but i think he said the frequency was the trick as he was using 1 of his dynasty's on it.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Working...
              X