X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    hankj

now that you got the MM210 for the big stuf you might want to try C-25 gas on youre MM135 it will let you weld a lil cooler and help prvent burn through on the thin stuf.
    i realy like the c-25 mix and .025 on mine

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    WOW!

The initial string of comments that I made cannot be posted here.

AWESOME!

The MM135 is all tricked out with .023 and CO2 for the little stuff. Now, next year, a 180SD, and we be doin' it all!!

Later, I gotta go play...

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Mm210?

Congratulations Hank. I'm sure you're totally stoked, but for some reason (I have no idea why), I thought you already had a mig machine in that class.

Weld on,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Thanks for the good wishes guys.

This is a very impressive piece of machinery. Since no instuctions came with the dual-cylinder rack, I had a few momonts of head sratching, but the long steel rod that looked like an axle was a big tipoff! I'm kinda glad I got to put it together myself - it gives you some perpective on how things work. I now see why a 3035 cost so much. Very nice tool.

33# of .035 is a lot different to handle than an 8" spool of .030! Got it all ready to plug in, and WHAT? 6-50P? My face got red. Not from being very mad, but from realizing that I've known that was the plug configuration for a year from posts on thes board! Is there a 6-50R anywhere in the Gadget Garage? Of course not. I've got a **** box that must weigh 50#. One in there? Nope.

So, in a few minutes, it's off to town! My kids are coming for the weekend anyhow, so I hadda go to the grocery in any case.

Whacked up some 3/8 coupon material last night - report to come later.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Hank:
    I know you will love it mine is a couple years old now and still loads of fun, I still cheese when I open the door and see its shining blue shell.

Hint: for the 3035 I use 4043 wire and use a tip one size larger than the wire, for .030 wire I use a .035 tip. My airgas supply didn't stock the spoolgun tips till I bought mine now they stock two packs of each size just so I don't run out.

Have a blast, I know you will.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    cope

My wife ran into a department store last month to pay the bill and 30 minutes later I found her buying shoes.

umm let me gues they were on sail right

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowET
    You know this means you can't yell at the wife when she leaves to buy a pair of shoes and comes home with half the ladies department in the trunk of the car

SlowET

Bracket racer and newbie MM210 owner
    My wife ran into a department store last month to pay the bill and 30 minutes later I found her buying shoes. I don't complain; she has put up with a lot of tool buying the past 35 years.

Leave a comment:

• SlowET
    replied
    Originally posted by hankj
    Went to AIRGAS today to get a 000 cutting tip for the torch. Got in the usual conversation with the folks, and found out that the Miller price book goes up by 3% accross the board on 10/31. Soooo...I asked what the current price was on the 210 with 3035 and dual cylinder rack. The manager is standing there, and informs me "I think I got one in the back...lemme see", and off he goes. When he returns, he tells me "It's in the box. I'll give you an in-the-box-deal: $1600".

Couldn't stand it. Produced the magical plastic money card and left with a NEW MM210 IN THE BACK OF DIRTY HARRY!
    You know this means you can't yell at the wife when she leaves to buy a pair of shoes and comes home with half the ladies department in the trunk of the car

SlowET

Bracket racer and newbie MM210 owner

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied
    Good on ya, Hank!! I know the heart-pumping excitement when ya do a quick draw on the plastic, and walk away with the Power Of Blue!!!

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied
    I've had my 210 for 3 years now and I still enjoy pulling the trigger. My MM210 is one of my best investments, I've never regretted it.
    I slid mine down a 2 X 6" because I couldn't wait for help to unload it. I earned my money back within 3 months with the jobs I took in. I also still love the torch holder and the spool gun hanger, They are so usefull. I'll be right back, I gotta go give my machine a hug!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Waaaayy Cool

HAPPY FOR YA
    ENJOY
    gota love that on the spot deal
    hummm Produced the magical plastic money card you produce those a, how about a cuple of them for me

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    started a topic Finally: MM210!!

Finally: MM210!!

Went to AIRGAS today to get a 000 cutting tip for the torch. Got in the usual conversation with the folks, and found out that the Miller price book goes up by 3% accross the board on 10/31. Soooo...I asked what the current price was on the 210 with 3035 and dual cylinder rack. The manager is standing there, and informs me "I think I got one in the back...lemme see", and off he goes. When he returns, he tells me "It's in the box. I'll give you an in-the-box-deal: $1600".

Couldn't stand it. Produced the magical plastic money card and left with a NEW MM210 IN THE BACK OF DIRTY HARRY!!!!!

And as soon as my neighbor gets home and arrives to help me, it'll be sitting in the Gadget Garage!!

I'm AMPED!!

Hank
Working...
X