X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun4now
    • Aug 2006

Miller price increse ?

any ideal if the rumer of a price increse for miller is in the works. i'm only a month away from my purchas and was wondering if any1 knew how much the increse will be.
    i can put 1 on a payment plan localy but it will be about $300.00 more than it is on the net now. so i was wondering if any one knows the % of increase we are looking at. and if it will be an increase on all the line or just the larger units as it is said to be mettal prices that caused the increase.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES
  • migmaniac70

My local guy told me as of Nov 1 Miller was going to increase prices but he didnt know by how much. Maybe Andy will step up and answer this question.

Comment

• pejenkins
      • Jan 2004

FUN4NOW-
      HankJ just posted that today he bought his MM210....said the dealer told him the price increase was 3% across the board beginning Nov 1. My dealer did tell me that prices were going up but he didn't say how much. I'll bet 3% is pretty close!! Which means I would have paid $34 + more
      for my MM210 had I waited.

Hope this helps!!

PJ
      Thanks,

PJ

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt
      MM 210 + spoolmate

Comment

• fun4now
        • Aug 2006

thanks all

3% is livable, not that i have much choice. all in all a 3% increase is not much when you look at what you get from miller for your $
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

• Too_Many_Tools
          • Sep 2004

I believe that this increase is on top of an earlier increase this year of 2% thereby making it an overall 5% in less than a year's time.

Okay for now, a distrubing trend if it continues since wages are staying the same or falling.

TMT

Comment

• cope
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools
            I believe that this increase is on top of an earlier increase this year of 2% thereby making it an overall 5% in less than a year's time.

Okay for now, a distrubing trend if it continues since wages are staying the same or falling.

TMT
            Steel prices have gone up more than that lately. Copper is up to I believe.

Comment

• fun4now
              • Aug 2006

Steel prices have gone up more than that

now there is an understatment if ever i saw 1.
              it was inevitable that the skyrocketing steel prices would find there way into end users price increas.
              in the last year everything has gone up (except wages)
              my disability check went up by $8.00 a month.that dosent even come closee to what my bills have done . look at the price of heating oil as winter aproaches. i had my 2 tanks topped off and can only hope i make it through the winter or ill be in big truble. i upgraded my thermastat to an electronic 1 that alows you to set differant temps for different time of day so i drop the temp at night and raise it just befor the lil woman gets up to get our boy off to school. it made a huge differance last year and it was a duzzzy of a cold 1.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              JAMES

Comment

• stumpjumperpro
                • Sep 2004

I did the same with a digital stat. It made a big difference in cost.

Comment

• ASKANDY
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2002

10-4 on the price increase. We held out as long as possible. When other companies have had price increaces 5 months ago, we held off but the pain is to much to bear

Anyway, the price increase basically is just a move up from our normal price increase that happens every year in January. We just moved it up a tad. There will be no additional price increase then in January.

Andy

Comment

• Too_Many_Tools
                    • Sep 2004

Andy,

Will this price increase also affect the Hobart line of products?

TMT

Comment

• Backyard tigger
                      • Sep 2004

I just checked Cyderweld website
                      The miller Dynasty 200DX was $2211.00 before 3:00 pm
                      Afer 3:00 PM it is $2317.00 which is 4.8% Increse.
                      I have ordred before the dead line and Am a proud new owner of a Miller.
                      I should get it in the wext week.
                      Roger
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Building Dune buggy

Comment

• Too_Many_Tools
                        • Sep 2004

Interesting....

"HankJ just posted that today he bought his MM210....said the dealer told him the price increase was 3% across the board beginning Nov 1."

Looks like someone is jumping the gun on the price increase and the date that it should be enacted.

I would wager that if you called and complained, you would get the old price till Nov. 1.

TMT

Originally posted by Backyard tigger
                        I just checked Cyderweld website
                        The miller Dynasty 200DX was $2211.00 before 3:00 pm
                        Afer 3:00 PM it is $2317.00 which is 4.8% Increse.
                        I have ordred before the dead line and Am a proud new owner of a Miller.
                        I should get it in the wext week.

Comment

• Backyard tigger
                          • Sep 2004

I got the good price so I am ok
                          Roger
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Building Dune buggy

Comment

• fun4now
                            • Aug 2006

miller bumped it up 3%

well no 1 said the dealers couldnt add a lil for themselves and blame it on miller
                            if infact miller dose increase it by 3% on the 1st if you order 1 today after say 5pm it wont get to miller to ship it out till the 1st on monday anyway, most online dealers dont stock them they just have miller ship it directly to you. so miller would charge the dealer the price when they get the order witch will be on monday the 1st. so unless its in stock you will most likely get the new price rather than the old.if i were a dealer i would order a few ahead of the raise to make a lil $$ but you need $$ to do that.
                            as for the 4.8% Increse of Cyderweld could be that it is what miller raised it by (askandy never said how much it would be ) or he could be trying to add a lil for himself. if it did go up by only 3% then im shoure his price will adjust after the other dealers on the net only raise by 3%. prices are close on the net if he raises by more than the rest he will lose sails to the others. ofcorce they could all go up by 4.8%
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

• Blown S-10
                              • Sep 2005

its true, EVERYTHING IS going up, except wages . that raise i asked for, still haven't gotten it , and don't think i will. yet all my bills keep going up. wish i had a union job, those guys get raises, and don't even have to do a thing to get them. seems the boss is the only one making more money.

if you guys want to save on heating bill. INSULATION !!!!!!!!!!!
                              i have a sliding patio door. i covered it with plastic last year, made a ton of difference !!! i advise to get a "non contact" temp gun, about $70 for a good one. then use it. i bet it could pay for itself in the first year. i have a Raytec.
                              most people don't realize how much heating $$$ they are waisting.

$106, wholly smokes . i wonder how much it was 5 years ago ? as, if i had know i could run one in my garage at that time, i would have had it then.

Comment

Working...
                              X