Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rowyco racing
    replied
    I finally got my hands on the 90/10 mix gas that is recommended for the Millermatic 350P for pulsing mild steel. It turned out that my local Air Gas supplier can't get the 90/10 mix in a customer cylinder (S size). They say it is plain unavailable unless special ordered for a big upcharge. I finally talked them into loaning me a larger rental cylinder (K size) since I just bought the new 350P and Spectrum 375 from them but haven't been able to try out the pulser without the right gas -- at least until they can figure something else out. Anyway I got to try out the Millermatic 350P in pulse mode on steel last night and it is a truly, truly amazing machine! I am going to be real happy with this purchase.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    75/25 is really a good short arc gas. You may get a pulse but it will be poor. Stick with the book recommendations as they are inline with the settings on the door chart.

Have fun with it! It's a killer.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Royco,
    The reason they suggest 90/10 or 95/5 is because 75/25 won't support spray transfer at moderate voltage levels. That said, you might be able to pulse spray .035 with 75/25 if you jack the machine up. If you get a lot of spatter, your in the globular transfer range. If you can get past that, you'll get into the pulse spray mode.

Be cool,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• rowyco racing
    started a topic what gas to use with 350P

what gas to use with 350P

I finally purchased my 350P yesterday. My Miller dealer recomended 75/25 gas for pulsing mild steel so that's what I got for the shop. I am new at learning the pulsed process so I just went with his suggestion. In reading the manual last night I see that Miller recomends 90% argon/10% co2 mix or a 95/5 mix for pulsing steel. They only list the 75/25 for straight mig. A call to the dealer didn't resolve it, he wasn't sure if the 75/25 was good for pulsing on steel or not since the machine is new and they aren't real familiar with it. Any suggestions before I start using the bottle and then can't exchange it? I already have bottles of 100 % argon for my Tig welder, but Miller doesn't show 100% argon for pulsing steel, only for aluminum. I assume that's for cost reasons? If so I could just use the argon for now until I get comfortable with the pulser.
Working...
X