X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldog
    replied
    drscotch,
    The saw on your link looks just like my Turn pro...
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• fatfrank
    replied
    I was down in Houston and found pretty much the same saw for 659$ I was in my Tahoe and I couldn't get it to fit so I ended up getting the 4X6 Jet. They seem to have pretty good prices.

http://www.wttool.com/p/30240020p/3024-0020

Leave a comment:

• drscotch
    replied
    Can't be sure but I've been looking for a while and there are a lot of 'house' brand bandsaws out there that look a lot like the Turnpro and the grizzly and are priced the same:

Here's a local 'house' brand example:

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...&NTITEM=B1108N

KBC Tools and a couple other local suppliers also have very similar looking units. My guess is a lot of these units are off shore.

Leave a comment:

• wendell
    replied
    Thanks for the up data. I've never heard a bad thing about the turnpro or the higher priced JETs. Any chance that the Grizzly, Turnpro and the JET are the same machine from china just rebranded?

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    The grizzly looks like a nice saw also. It must be pretty hvy duty - it weighs about the same as the Turn Pro. Does anyone have one? How do you like?
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    One more.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G0561

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    That saw is exactly like the Jet I just looked at today. Lots of value, even in the higher priced Jet. How much was shipping or did I miss that part?

PS- I have a ironworker too, but always wanted some kind of decent saw.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied
    I have the same saw as Bulldog, I've had mine since January and I highly recomend it. My favorite thing is the work clamp. If you turn the handle backwards about 1 turn it is free and you can slide the clamp forward or backward to where you need it, just turn handle forward and it tightens up on your work. Deffinately a time saver. Also 93" blades are very common and reasonably priced.
    Enco is good to deal with too, I haven't had any problems ordering from them.

Leave a comment:

• Terence638
    replied
    Great thanks for the site, Just sighned up and ordered a catalog
    Terence

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    I bought it from Enco. www.use-enco.com I buy a bunch of stuff from this company and have never been disapointed with there sevice.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Terence638
    replied
    Did you buy this saw online or from a dealer? what web site would have this saw?
    Thanks
    Terence

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Wendell,
    I am in fact very happy with the turn pro saw. I was having a conversation with a person today that said something like you just can't buy anything that is really worth what you pay for it. Well this is one of those things that you buy from a catalog and ya hope the thing just works well. Well I'll tell ya this- this thing works FANTASTIC! It's built like a brick s*^# house and it's a pleasure to operate.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• wendell
    replied
    Been mining the board for info on a band saw and am leaning to the Turn-Pro. Can anyone give an update on thier saws? Timw, Bulldog, are you still happy with the saw after a few months?

I'd like to get one before the end of the year. ANy more info would be great. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hi guys,
    Frank the saw is marked pretty well. I'll put on some pics. As far as the change goes you do need tools. I like the clamp very much it holds great.I've used the saw a bunch of times and I can honestly say that I'm very happy with the quality of the saw and the cut that it gives.
    Randy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Teeps
    replied
    Well even if the saw was marked, (the saw description says the vice tilts to 45 degrees) most of the cutting I'd be doing might call for a custom angle, but I'd be marking my work piece even to check for the proper 45 degree's.

Looks like a heck of a price drop on these! $650!!!
    (pic attached)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X