Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 210 or 180SD for race car chassis welding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

class

i'm shoure the instructor will let you focus on TIG or MIG after you get the baisics. a lot of people take theas classes to play in there garage not to start a new career. and the instructors(most ) know and are willing to help you lern your toy as the main intrest. you could go to the school and speek to the instructor ahead of time to make shoure.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Speaking to the instructor ahead of time is a really good idea. I just purchased a book called Welding Essentials Q&A. I saw some people on other boards recommending it and it looks pretty informative.

Miller 210
      Diversion 165

Comment

FWIW, I started with O/A welding in class and spent a fair amount of the semester doing just this. I have to say that it was time well spent. I don't use O/A to weld any more, but it was really good for learning to control the heat. Because of this my MIG got a LOT better, and TIG was a rather easy transition. I personally feel that I learned more about what welding is about from O/A than I would have if I had just focused on MIG, for example.

Class time is time well spent (unless the instructor is REALLY bad).

Comment

Working...
        X