NEW 302g so WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 302g so WHAT?

Can anyone tell me the big advantages of the Miller T. 302g over the 301g and dont tell me about the ''digitall display SO WHAT? '' Besides better dig, really what can the 302g do the 301g can't and whats the advantage of more dig anyway.

Eicon,

Here are the basic features of the 302 dis-regarding the digital meters which are nice feature for referencing your favorite settings for future use:

Improved arc performance
    Four preset dig settings
    Adaptive Hot Start ™
    Lift Arc ™/ Scratch Start Tig
    Better Mig/FCAW arc starts

The 301G dig setting is great for the 6010 rod, but is really too stiff of a digging arc for the 7018 rod. Adjustable dig will allow you to tailor the arc's force to rod you are burning.

The "Adaptive Hot Start" applies extra amperage at the arc start to enhance the start and keep the rod from sticking. This is a great feature I am very fond of on my ALT and XMT machines.

The "Lift Arc" Tig means you can have tungsten contamination free welds without the additional cost of the HF-251 high freq starter/stabilizer box and addtional foot/hand amptrol for DC TIG. It will still be required for AC TIG.

The overall arc improvement includes the Hot Start, DIG adjustment, and a cleaner start for MIG and Flux core arc welding. Considering the minimal difference in list price the machine is definitely worth it.

Comment

How about being quieter? That has to rate somewhere as a improvement?
      I wonder if it welds as nice as a Ranger 305 g in the short-arc. That machine is wonderful. I had mine hooked up to a LN-9 and it was very very nice. It would spray nice too. I only used .30 / .035 with mine. I do like the chopper setup for the adjustabilty. It has a nice lift-arc tig with some nice features built into it.

Comment

scottv,

I demoed the Ranger 250G, (basically the 305's little brother), about a year ago and it is a very quiet machine. The 6010 arc is very sweet as it the GMAW short arc and touch start TIG. The chopper circuitry is nice too. However, I am still a fan of the Trailblazer. I really liked my TB301G and would buy a 302G if I were still doing mobile work 10 hrs a day every week.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
          scottv,

I demoed the Ranger 250G, (basically the 305's little brother), about a year ago and it is a very quiet machine. The 6010 arc is very sweet as it the GMAW short arc and touch start TIG. The chopper circuitry is nice too. However, I am still a fan of the Trailblazer. I really liked my TB301G and would buy a 302G if I were still doing mobile work 10 hrs a day every week.

I had my pick of the Trailblazer 301 g and the Lincoln 305 g at the time. I picked the Ranger up for about $50.00 less then I could the Trailblazer for. $3,150 and I did not care about ac output. The one that got away I am still pissed at. It was a brand new 301 d for $3500.00 at the welding show this spring. I missed it by about 10 minutes. I usually am right there for those deals. I guess you can't win every one?

Comment

ScottV,

I can understand your frustration over the 301D. I picked up several good deals at the Atlanta show this spring. Is that what you are referring to? I lost out on a Big 40 CC/CV Deluxe model earlier this year for $7800. It hurts!!!

Comment

I was only talking about the 301d that I missed out on. It seems it sat on the floor of a Airgas for awhile. They brought that one in while I was on my way there. It did not last long enough for me to even think about buying it. I could of sold it on e-bay and made about Three grand easy. They would of even shipped it for me.

Comment

Too bad. Heck of a deal!!!

Comment

Working...
                X