No announcement yet.

Miller suitcase 8VS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the feedback. This is stuff you won't get in the users manual.

moe1942

Comment

Hi Moe,
      I have been reading your posts with interest. I have a Bobcat 250NT and love the thing. I hooked a suitcase to it and it worked great the only thing that I don't like with this setup is that when I weld in the shop I have to listen to the Bobcat running. I wound up buying a MM210. Quite! The Bobcat runs the MM210 with no trouble. I have used it a bunch of times with flux cored wire. It is no way as portable as the suitcase but for me it works out well. Good luck.
      Bulldog
      5 Passport Pluses
      2 MM 212's
      MM 210
      MM 251 MIA
      MM 350 P w/Python
      Syncrowave 250
      w/ tig runner
      Trailblazer 302
      12RC w/meters
      Spectrum 1000
      Spectrum 2050
      2 Black BWEs
      Joker BWE
      Star & stripe BWE Digital
      2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
      CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Thanks for the input Bulldog,

I don't know if the VS circuit in the MM175 will be affected by the Bobcats alternator output. I think the voltage produced is a bit different than commercial power. Also isn't there a difference in the 225NT's alternator vs the 225G. I don't think it is as clipped as the output on mine.

Someone from Miller will weigh in for the benefit of all.

Smoke rolling out of a welder scares me and I'm fearless. If I could go back I would have bought the 3045FC. 29 pounds vs 70+ for the MM175...Too smart, too late.

Thanks again

moe1942

Comment

Moe
          Suitcases......very cool!

I don't think you'd have trouble with the MM 175 and Bobus. I run my MM 135 all the time off a generator with no problems. Just can't max it out. I don't think the Bobus output would be any different. Esp, since the sales brochure for the 2001 225 NT shows a set up with the MM 185. If it wouldn't run it, they wouldn't reccomend it....I hope.

FWIW, the 3045 fc needs a power source, while the MM 175 doesn't. Makes a difference in the shop if you don't like noise.
          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
          '06 12RC feeder
          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
          Esab Multimaster 260
          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Thanks Don,

You and all the others who replied have proven the worth of this site. I re-read the Bobcat owners manual yesterday and did not find a definitive answer to any of the questions I asked. When I have to assume I start asking questions.

I hope all my questions and rambling has helped someone else too....

moe1942

Comment

No problem, Moe.
              As much as you helped me with my Bobus, it's the least I can do. I may actually get a chance to work on mine today.
              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
              '06 12RC feeder
              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
              Esab Multimaster 260
              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

The alternator power is fine for running the MM175. It actually is smoother than years past. The MM175 may run a liitle hotter as the Bobcat's Aux power voltage is usually a little high. If using an extension cord, make sure it is of proper heavy enough gauge.

A-

Comment

Thanks Andy,

I should have been more specific early on. The Bobcats rated voltage was my main concern. 256-264VAC looked a bit much for electronic circuitry. I'm wondering if lowering the no-load to maybe 250 would be a little easier on my MM175.

My limited knowledge of electronics says slightly lower would be better than super high. I'm a worry wart when it comes to high dollar equipment.

If Miller says the warranty on a MillerMatic is good when powered by a Bobcat at rated voltage that should wrap up this discussion...

moe1942

Comment

They have been tested with the power circuit as is and runs fine. No issue with warranty either. The higher voltage will drop under load a little. All should be fine.

A-

Comment

Working...
                    X