350p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350p

I was wondering how reliable the 350p has been? My friend at Airgas got a call from another Airgas in Washington state. They have sold three of them and all of them have had problems. The main thing is a really crappy starts when using them on steel. I guess they had some board problems. I know the one at the show I went to, had a board fry during the show. I also talked to a owner of one at the show, and he was having problems too. Although his was with aluminum welding. The two my friend sold here, have not come back in with problems.

Anybody know if this is a fluke or is it happing other places too?

I only heard of one of these units melting down locally. It was at the college on a test drive. They ended up buying 350 xmt, I believe?

I almost picked up a 350p but after the show I thought I better wait.
    I kind of liked the 350 xmt better anyway.

Anyway, I sure do like this machine in the spray/short-arc running .030/ .035 wire.
    Attached Files

We have put out 3, 350P's and 3, 350's at my store. No problems with any so far. The 350p's are in a production environment, 2 of them used for both steel and aluminum. They have been in operation since mid August and the operators love them.

Comment

Originally posted by klsm54
      We have put out 3, 350P's and 3, 350's at my store. No problems with any so far. The 350p's are in a production environment, 2 of them used for both steel and aluminum. They have been in operation since mid August and the operators love them.
      I believe all were the p models that had the problems. Scott, have you ran one using steel wire? I am always interested in personal experience. Also have you ran a 350 mpi? It's limited on single phase power but it sure has a very smooth stable arc,even way down low. It also has a steep slope setting on the spray side, that I really do not know what it is for. Seems like that should be for short-arc?
      Attached Files

Comment

I did get a chance to play with a 350P at a show we had, but it was very briefly, not enough to give a solid opinion. I am pretty much desk bound these days.

A couple years back I did have quite a bit of experience with a 350 MPI though. It is a sweet machine, very easy to tune in. I am a big fan of "Blue" machines, but I do think that "Yellow may have got it right on this one. From the little time I spent with the 350P though, it seemed to be very operator friendly also.

That steep slope setting on the 350 mpi will come in handy on stainless, at least the customer that I have that uses them sure thinks so... But I was thinking that they were using it in short arc...???...Been a while since I had anything to do with that machine..... ...We had one set up in our demo room for about a year, but it was set up on mild steel all the time.

Comment

I tried it in the steep slope on short-arc with mild steel, and it seemed like I could get the arc to fire at real low amps and volts using .030 wire. The standard short-arc really goes very low and no real need to fire at a lower point?
          I will try that on stainless but the standard stainless setting seemed pretty good. I still am not really a fan of thin stainless mig. I just like tig work better.
          When somebody knows what they are doing with it. Unlike me!!!

Comment

The 350s are running great. We did have a calibration issue on the first ones because the vendor for the motor wasn't giving us precision wound motors. Miller has tried to update all those with new pcbs to cure this problem. I have sold 10 current models here in Charlotte with no problems.

Hope this helps.

A-

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
              The 350s are running great. We did have a calibration issue on the first ones because the vendor for the motor wasn't giving us precision wound motors. Miller has tried to update all those with new pcbs to cure this problem. I have sold 10 current models here in Charlotte with no problems.

Hope this helps.

A-
              Would that cause the funny arc starts?
              I would like to update my friend because they are just going to
              sell the powermig 300 until they can be sure they pushing
              a good unit.

Ps- my friend from Airgas say Miller has been really good at working
              with them on making deals for shows,etc... He also says Lincoln has been
              always hard to work with. I do think Miller got woke up from some of Lincolns
              Stuff and have responded real well. The 302 Trailblazer is one and so is the 350 P. Plus other things like the passport,etc....

Comment

Yes,
                It did cause the starting issue you spoke of. It is fixed from everything I see now. Also I think the stock run in setting was changed.

A-

Comment

Working...
                X