X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ground cable size ?

ok, i just searched. what i found was 3 different sizes
    1/0, 2/0, #4. which size do i need for my 200dx ? 25'
    i don't want to be underpowered, but don't want to get too much because of weight.

tanks

Number 4 would likely work ok at that distance but I would opt for number 2 or 3. There are lots of other sizes than what you listed, number 2 is very common and most stores carry it. 1/0 and 2/0 are wayyyyyy overkill for that machine. 1/0 would run on that machine 200 ft or more each way.

Comment

Blown S-10

According to your 200 DX Owners Manual, Figure 4-11 on Page 20:

115V - Min input and ground conductor size is 10 with input Max length of 57 feet. Breaker size 35 Amp.

230V - Min input and ground conductor size is 12 with input Max length of 79 feet. Breaker size 30 Amp.
      72boss

Syncrowave 350LX
      MM210 w/3035
      Smith Dual Guard for Welding & Cutting

Comment

Originally posted by 72boss
        According to your 200 DX Owners Manual, Figure 4-11 on Page 20:

115V - Min input and ground conductor size is 10 with input Max length of 57 feet. Breaker size 35 Amp.

230V - Min input and ground conductor size is 12 with input Max length of 79 feet. Breaker size 30 Amp.
        I think he is referring to the work cable.

Comment

ok, since i am a DALE EARNHARDT fan, #3 it is.

thanx

GO JR !!!!!!!!

Comment

seems #3 is a very odd size, 2 is very common. so thats what i am getting.

Comment

Blown S-10,

I use 12" of #4 and really like the light weight. I have only found 25' of work lead (ground) gets in the way. I do use a 25' torch with the 12' ground and have not encountered any problems. The contractor kit actually supplies a #4 cable for the ground and electrode holder.

Comment

yeah Hawk. i was thinking i would get about 12'. and if i needed later, i would get another 12'(or whatever) and put a connecter between them.
                i can see the 25' getting bulky for my current needs. i will look at the 2 sizes and if 2 doesn't seem too bulky i will get that, otherwise 4.

thanx again

Comment

Working...
                X