Tube Benders/Notchers/Etc???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Chopper

I see someone has already posted the web site for Mittler Bro's........Thanks.

As you can see, the Mittler Bro tubing notcher is quite the machine......But it costs about 4000 by the time you buy the cutters........Obviously not a tool for the weekend hobbyist.......But the only tool to have for a production shop making alot of notches.......

Price of the Hossfeld vs Pro........I think that the basic Hossfeld bender new is 750........It seems at one time you got one set of dies with it for that price........But, That may have been a special sale.......Not sure if that is always the case........

You can often find the bender on e-bay for a couple hundred bucks........

OK......You cannot bend larger tubing without the hydraulics on a hossfeld........or maybe you can with a 20ft lever.......lol

If you buy the hossfeld hydraulics system, you would be looking at around 4000 bucks..........

I don't recall the Pro price for thier hydraulics.........but it is expensive as well......

You can build your own system cheap in comparison........300-400 for the pump.......100-200 for the cylinder.......75 for the valve and 100 for the hoses........... fab a few brackets and you are in business......

This is also a better system than either company sells........

If you can build a chopper, you can certainly build your own hydraulic system

Another advantage of building your own system is that you can bend to 90 or past in one shot........Depending on what you are building, this is BIG......A race car hoop for example........Everytime you have to advance to the next notch on the bender, you release the presure on the hoop and have to be carefull that it does not fall.......or it will be out of flat.......

No question, the hossfeld will cost more than the pro........But it is MUCH faster and easier to use........

The hossfeld actually makes better bends as well..........The hossfeld dies "neck" down the tubing slighty to form the bend better........the Pro dies do not.......the Pro dies will thin and flatten the outside of the bend more than the hossfeld..........I do consider the pro bends to be "good" bends (wrinkle free)........But the hossfeld bends are better.........

If the funds are an issue, you can shop around a bit......pick up componets used........I paid 200 for the bender (e-bay), 175 for the pump new (e-bay) 75 for the valve and 80 for the hoses.........brackets and mounts I just used some scrap laying around........

I bought the die sets new.........any where from 175 for smaller tubing to 300 for the largest.........Die sets are exspensive........and the hossfeld do cost a bit more than the pro........but it is well worth it in my lowly opinion.......

good luck,
    snowman

Comment

Kind of related....has anyone ever used an Ineco brand bender? It is a stand up hydraulic unit($8k new). Good or Bad; servicable. I'm looking at one as part of a larger group of equipment I'm trying to buy but I've never seen one of these. Thanks, JEFF
      200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Working...
      X