180SD & 200DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180SD & 200DX

Hi everyone. I am currently running a newer 180SD (1 year old) and have been having some problems when welding on a/c so I will have to send it away for service. I want to purchase a 200DX before I send it in for service so that I wont be without a machine and I'll then have a back-up machine. I would like to know if the cables,connectors & foot control for the 180 will work on the 200DX? If not what else will I need to go with the 200DX?

Thanks
    Scotty

hummm i cant beleve andy or HAWK didnt get this for you . they must of missed it. i'll call my dealer today to check for ya
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Scott They will work just fine. You need to change the connector on the torch; however the correct connector comes with the Dynasty 200 DX. At least mine did. I also have the contractor kit but haven't even opened it yet. Just using the syncro 180 stuff on the Dynasty and the 180 sits as a backup unit. Don't know why I need both but grew attached to the 180 so I keep it as a spare.
      Harold
      Harold
      Craftsman Colormatic AC
      Victor Journyman Setup
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      MM210 With Spoolgun
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter
      Miller HD Tape Measure

Comment

10-4 Everything should be fine!

What seems to be the issue with the Sync 180?

A-

Comment

Thanks for the reply's everyone. My new machine should be here next Wednesday.
          My Sync180 still works fine on DC but when on AC (most of my welding is done on AC) the arc will begin to "pop" and "Sputter", as this is happening I can hear the power supply doing some heavy buzzing which is in sync with the popping. This is happening at 105 amps or so. The heavy buzzing is the same sound I would normally hear if I was running wide open. If I continue trying to weld when this is happening there will eventualy be one final loud "pop" and the tip of the tungsten will blow right off into the weld causing the pool to splatter all over leaving a huge blackened crater. Sometimes the arc will not even start, I will hit the pedal and all I will get is a faint blue spark between the tungsten and the work piece as well as gas flow but no arc.This problem is ocurring about 80% of the time , once in a while I will try a weld and it seems to be ok again but never for very long. I am using 3/32 zirconiated tung and pure argon. I really like this machine,it has worked flawlessly until now. Hope maybe someone has a simple solution.

Thanks for listening
          Scott

Comment

I'm glad the unit is still under warranty. Sounds like the balance circuit is messin up.

Let me know what they find out. If they are stumped, make sure they call MILLER Tig service dept.

Andy

Comment

I got my 180sd back today. They say the HF transformer was replaced.It will be awhile before I get around to trying it since I am really liking my new 200dx.

Scotty2

Comment

Hi,

How much did it cost to fix the welder?

If it was under warranty, how much would it have cost?

Thanks

TMT

Originally posted by Scotty2
                I got my 180sd back today. They say the HF transformer was replaced.It will be awhile before I get around to trying it since I am really liking my new 200dx.

Scotty2

Comment

i can understand how you would be reluctant to return to the syncr after tasting the new dyn200DX .
                  i would set aside an houre to try out the repair though you can always put it back in the corner after the test ride

glad to see they got you fixed up without any hassel
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

The welder is under warranty still as it's only about a year old. I do not know how much it would have cost-my dealer took care of having it picked up,sent out to the repair depot, and delivering it back to me. Ya, I will try it out sometime soon just to make sure it's ok-I only have one torch & cable set-up so it means I will have to change the end on the torch cable to be able to connect it to the synchrowave, just one more thing on the too-do list!

Scotty

Comment

Hi,

If you get the chance, ask the dealer what it would have cost without the warranty picking up the tab.

The reason why I ask is that because welder repairs can be expensive, it is a subject that one should consider when you are looking at welders.

An example...if I knew that repair costs on Lincoln welders were cheaper than Miller for a line of welders that I was looking at, I would bear that in mind when the time came to make a purchase. Unless one always sells a welder before the warranty runs out, repair costs are an element to consider when buying the next welder.

TMT

Originally posted by Scotty2
                      The welder is under warranty still as it's only about a year old. I do not know how much it would have cost-my dealer took care of having it picked up,sent out to the repair depot, and delivering it back to me. Ya, I will try it out sometime soon just to make sure it's ok-I only have one torch & cable set-up so it means I will have to change the end on the torch cable to be able to connect it to the synchrowave, just one more thing on the too-do list!

Scotty

Comment

i think you are putting too much stock in the rong place. true repair causts should be conciderd but using it to choose a welder is insain. if i knew it was cheeper to repair a harbor frait welder i certinly would not chose that 1 over a miller. if you want to concider repair cost you also have to concider down time due to repair's and how much truble it is to get thouse repairs. in this case the dealer came out got his welder shipped it of to be fixed and returned it to his shop. done quickly and with no hassel is werth the extra caust. you have to take service more than caust into acount. how would he have gotten his harbor frait welder fixed hummm lets see first he has to find a place to mail it to then he will have to pay the frait to get it there, and how long do you think it will take them to fix it??

i think service is a bit more important than caust but if you want the welder that is cheapest to fix you also want the cheapest welder. ill stick with miller and all it's service recorces.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Fun:
                          Quality is always the least expensive decision to be made! Buy the best you can afford and live with that until you can step up another level. I started with a weldpak100, moved up to a mm210 and next week I am adding a D200DX. My standards are much higher than they were 8 years ago!

Blue, always a good decision

Comment

pjseaman

Quality is always the least expensive decision to be made!

yep yep yep

i think his repair was well handled, i have seen some with red welders looking every where for any help they can get because they cant get what they need from red. as i have stated befor i'm shoure red makes a good welder, but they can never compeat with the service of miller. service takes many forms, this board being 1 of them. my income is far lower than most but i know my $$ is well spent on a miller. i may be able to get another brand cheaper, may even be able to get that other brand fixed cheaper, but im banking on the fact that my miller will have less repair's needed over its life and that when and if i need a repair i can count on miller to be there. down time for me right now dosent count but i'm hoping it will some day, and when that day comes i know i can count on miller to be there to help me get up and running as soon as posible.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

pjseaman

congrats on the new 200DX to be.
                              remember lanthanated only

i'm hoping to have mine some time this month
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

Working...
                              X