Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASKANDY
    replied
    no worries paul. we have been making those style tips forever and when we chose our gun vendor, we made them use our style gas diffuser for our tips. it kept our distributors from having to change stocking on tips for the different gun styles we have changed over the years.

andy

Leave a comment:

• paulrbrown
    replied
    ASKANDY, sorry about me giving false info regarding Miller tips, 'assumed' the gun Mfg also made the consumables. Best regards, Paul

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Thanks Andy, you are a lifesaver.

Be cool,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied
    part# 044392

MILLER tips are all made by Miller. The gun vender we chose was tregaskis but all consumables are mfg at Miller. The contact tube # for .052 is 044392

Leave a comment:

• paulrbrown
    replied
    Alex,
    the answer is no, even though Miller tips are made by tregaskis, they are different length& thread. Even the nozzles are different, I went through the same thing. Paul

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Since I had pretty good luck with Benard 200 amp Q and the 350 amp Q quns, I thought I just stay with that brand. Then Binzel comes out with their new guns and blow the Benards out of the water. Every Binzel gun feeds better then any brand new Benard gun I have used. The neck setup is much better too.You can use the 180 amp head on the 250/350 amp gun or any combo you would like. If you use the zic/cr tips they last forever. My new setup came with the very nice esab Tregraskis 400 amp gunmaster and I think it has it over a 350 amp Benard. I still went with the Binzel over the Tregreskis for some of the nice features.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Anybody know if Tregaskiss contact tips will fit in a Miller mig gun? I gotta find some .053 tips for my M-25.

Thanks,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• paulrbrown
    replied
    Alex, I am using a Tweco gun, I don't know the Miller number, but it should be on the sight somewhere. As andy said, the 5356 will give a sootier weld and little balls of splatter will go everywhere, but is the only Al wire I can get to feed through a 15 foot gun. Hope this helps, Paul

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    .053 Contact Tip

Hey Paul,
    Is there a Miller P/N for those .053 contact tips, or do you use another brand?
    I may be able to work a deal on some 3/64" 4043 wire.

Thanks,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied

Keep in mind that the 5356 will feed better but will give poor appearing results with quite a bit of soot at the weld bead. The 4043 will give much better color matching for MIG.

Andy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Alex I received a really good deal from Bernard on a Q350, more than enough for my MM251. I really enjoy the swivel head, a great feature when you are out if position...

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Bernard gun

Lawrence,
    Which Bernard gun did you go with? I've been eyeing Bernard's for quite a while. Just got to find a good deal on one.

Y'all be cool,
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    lramberson,

Great move! I think Bernard is on top with the MIG guns. Although I really do like the Miller logo Roughneck guns also. I have a standard .035"/.045" swivel gooseneck 250 amp Bernard and also a custom 150 amp for .023" only.

Just put a teflon liner in your M25 and keep it as straight as possible when running aluminum. Stiffer and larger diameter Al wires like 3/64" 5356 will yield the better feeding when compared to softer smaller wires such as .030"/.035" 4043.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Alex has given me a idea, I have switched my m25 Metal Gun out to a Bernard unit that is sweet, I would like to set the 25 up for aluminium as he indicated he is doing. Am I correct in following this thread just change the liner out to teflon and it is ready to go?
    Now I feel better not just having it set on the shelf and collect dust.

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    thanks andy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X