Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002vlx
    replied
    Christ, if I had the money right now I'd jump on that Esab Tig! It'd be perfect for the sheet metal work I'm doing right now.

There's several people with bikes like mine (they have small gas tanks--2.4-2.9 gallons depending on the year) that want wider gas tanks, but all the bike and welding shops want between $400-$600 to do it. I saw one done for $400 that was absolutely horrible and must have had a half gallon of bondo on it. I've had auto body training and like to work with sheet metal, so I bought a tank and started cutting on it. I'll widen it a total of ~4 inches in the front and ~2 in the rear, and post pics upon completion. The price will be around $300 for the service, and I'm going to be earning it! Fitting this stuff up is definitely time-consuming!

Sorry to hijack the thread but it is motorsports related!

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Here is the other side when you buy a Milller!! People think because it says Miller it just has to be a deal. I would love to slap some of these morons but I guess it takes all kinds?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...840204355&rd=1

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott V
    a deal just the same

Here is what I found at the welding store. Almost new for $450.00

Both work perfect and I am passing the ac/dc inverter deal on to a needy newby tig student.

Scott, I believe Will is going to be a very happy man.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Maybe the wrong color but-

a deal just the same

Here is what I found at the welding store. Almost new for $450.00
    Also a demo feeder in great shape with the 400 amp gun for $500.00

Both work perfect and I am passing the ac/dc inverter deal on to a needy newby tig student.

The feeder is really a good unit and has a neat pulse unit that bolts into it for my new 350 mpi thats on it's way.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Too Many Tools,

A used D200DX with all accessories in very good condition has been selling around $2100. You may find one for less, but buyer beware. A S180DX in similar condition will bring around $1100. These prices are not engraved in stone. As dyn88 mentioned a machine is worth what you are willing to pay.

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    it would depend greatly upon the condition and age of the used welder. A used macine still under waranty and in good condition is worth 5% less than the lowest price available to somebody looking for that very machine. if you just want to get rid of same machine it would be worth whatever the best offer you recieve in the time frame you need it say 10-20% less. A beat up machine not still under warantee is probably top dollar at 5-15% again to the same guy looking to purchase that very machine at that very time and has the money not "will get the money after I sell my 89 5.0 mustang for 3000 in parts"(sorry that day will never come and he will never own a 200dx, maybe the 180sd if he has a desperate friend with insurance money that just smashed his 89 5.0 mustang)
    All in all you can see a used machine sometimes sell on ebay for more than it is new. Some people get caught up in the moment and make poor decisions. If you are looking to buy a machine than that machine is worth the amount you are willing to pay.
    If you are selling a used machine(let me know HEHE) Your best bet is to keep your eyes open and sell it on ebay but set a resonable reserve.
    although if miller comes out with a new machine to replace the dynasty 200dx than the value of said machine will drop, probably, drastically shortly after the introduction of the new model.Ouch it hurts to buy new technology only to be duped a week later by the hot new model.301g-302 perfect example(start watching prices of 301gs on ebay in a month or three)
    Sorry if I confused you, I cofused myself towards the end, and I hope that this helps a little.( if not I can talk ij a few more circles for you).

Leave a comment:

• Too_Many_Tools
    started a topic What's it worth used?

What's it worth used?

We are all looking for a "good" deal when it comes to used equipment.

Well, I am interested (as I suspect others are) in what you consider constitutes a "good deal" in the world of welding.

If an used 200DX or 180SD became available for sale, what would you consider a good used price to be for either one?

As a matter of reference, on Ebay the 200DX goes for $2670....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...841387036&rd=1

and the 180SD goes for $1525....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

In other words, how much would you write your check for and which one would you buy?

Thanks

TMT
Working...
X