Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's it worth used?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Coming from a distributor,

    I've sold used mm210 mig welders (upgraded to a 300) and some older 185 mig welders in the past. It depends on the look of the machine, and also most of the guys who upgrade/trade-in have been customers for years, so we look at their records and see how much gas, wire they've used. It all depends on the machine and how many est. hours are put on the machine. For the 185's i sell them for around 500 bucks or so, the newer 210' around 7-800 used. Depending on look and use of machine. I try to keep it about 300 bucks less then what a new machine would be. So the 185 is not exactly what a 175 is but you can get a 175 for about 700 bucks, and a new 210 for about 1250 or so. As for the dynasty's out of the 25 i've sold i have not had one person ask about trading it in.

    hope this helps.

    BC
    BC

    Dynasty 200DX
    Coolmate 3
    MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
    Cutmaster 101
    LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BCarlucci
      Coming from a distributor,

      I've sold used mm210 mig welders (upgraded to a 300) and some older 185 mig welders in the past. It depends on the look of the machine, and also most of the guys who upgrade/trade-in have been customers for years, so we look at their records and see how much gas, wire they've used. It all depends on the machine and how many est. hours are put on the machine. For the 185's i sell them for around 500 bucks or so, the newer 210' around 7-800 used. Depending on look and use of machine. I try to keep it about 300 bucks less then what a new machine would be. So the 185 is not exactly what a 175 is but you can get a 175 for about 700 bucks, and a new 210 for about 1250 or so. As for the dynasty's out of the 25 i've sold i have not had one person ask about trading it in.

      hope this helps.

      BC

      I will say from the welding store I hide out at, a MM 185 in nice shape will always bring about $800 to $850 no problem. Check ebay for a good shape MM 200 black face model sometime and you will see what holds it's value. I think for the most part probably worth it too. If it's in good shape and a Miller it will hold it's value better then about any other welder. Although I have sold Lincolns for more then I paid for them too.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Scott V
        Although I have sold Lincolns for more then I paid for them too.
        And a PowCon if I remember correctly.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by cope
          And a PowCon if I remember correctly.
          Yes, those group of people are nuts like Miller guys!

          Comment


          • #20
            Anybody looking to upgrade to a 300 in the spring, and has a mm210, I'm your man!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Scott V
              Yes, those group of people are nuts like Miller guys!

              Bud,

              You are just as nuts as the rest of us , you just haven't identified with a color yet.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cope
                Bud,

                You are just as nuts as the rest of us , you just haven't identified with a color yet.

                Sure it's yellow this week or next, for a brand new 350 mpi.

                Comment

                Working...
                X