what's a T bottle and 98/2 costn" ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's a T bottle and 98/2 costn" ya

What do you guys pay for a T bottle and 98/2. Around here one dealer wanted $300 for the T bottle and $98 for the gas, Is that a good price?

Thanks

tackit,

That is way high for my part of the country (East TN). We can do a 5 year lease on the 300CF bottles for $150 and a fill for about $33. I know that I get a better deal than most since I use a lot of gas, but that still sounds high to me. Check into leasing. It has some reall advantages.

Comment

Thanks Hawk, I live out in the country, the price I gave was from the closest dealer around me. I'll shop some more, I'll gladly go farther if it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit
        Thanks Hawk, I live out in the country, the price I gave was from the closest dealer around me. I'll shop some more, I'll gladly go farther if it makes sense.

For some reason, gas and cylinder availability and pricing make no sense. Sometimes small towns sell gas cheaper than the big cities.

Comment

Gas prices

Cope,
          Amen Brother!

Alex
          Be cool,
          Alex

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
          SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
            Cope,
            Amen Brother!

Alex

Alex,

The only thing worse than tracking down good gas prices is finding good prices on Blue Bell.

Comment

I work for a distributor, and if I were you tackit, I would do some shopping. You should be able to buy a 300 size bottle for $225.00 - $275.00, or a lifetime lease for the low side of that range. Contents vary wildly, but $60-$70.00 should be the high side of what one should pay.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

Comment

klsm54,

You guys sell your 300 size bottles? I thought you weren't supposed to sell them outright to customers? I know some of my customers have their own tanks that are that size, but it's mainly the distributors fault for not realizing that they have their own tanks. I know our Locations vary, but it's interesting to know what's going on around the country with other distributors.

BC
                  BC

Dynasty 200DX
                  Coolmate 3
                  MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
                  Cutmaster 101
                  LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Comment

We sell anything. At least at the locations in my region. Our competition does, so we do too. Our company would rather see leases, but allows do do what we need to be competitive. I have recently sold 5500 cubic foot liquid tanks to 2 different customers. We also sell bulk propane tanks, 100, 320, 500 and 1000 gallon, and I have sold several 3000 gallon bulk cryogenic tanks. All this is 100% legal, at least in Pennsylvania. It is a shame that some distributors are using the "against the law" excuse to hook people into leases... ...If it against company policy, then that is what the customer should be told. Some are even using some hairbrain "Homeland Security" line to make people lease tanks. Sorry to rant, I just have a real problem with unethical business practices...

Comment

Scott,

No problem on the ranting and raving. I was just curious because up here it's always been company policy against selling 300 size cyl's. I'm going to assume it's for the leasing purpose, but i don't see a problem with a customer owning or buying his own large cyl's i guess it's the upper ups that don't want to sell em'. Thanks for the input, i really appreciate it.

BC
                      BC

Dynasty 200DX
                      Coolmate 3
                      MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
                      Cutmaster 101
                      LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Comment

There's only one place around here that sells a 300 sized cylinder. They want about 250.00. There's another place that won't sell over a 40 bottle. I own a few and lease a few.

Comment

Working...
                        X